Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: A good GP  (Read 1937 times)

babyjane

A good GP
« on: June 06, 2017, 08:28:06 AM »

....... is worth as much as many meds.

Yesterday my GP acknowledged the effects of hormones on anxiety and so did the pharmacist I had a chat with when I took in my repeat prescription  :)

Not only that my doctor offered me a few 2mg tablets of Diazepam when I mentioned about going on holiday next week and having a long car journey (about 5 hours) on the motorway most of the way.  He said I don't have to take one but I could if I want to.  He said just having them in my bag could be all I need.  Well done to my GP for seeing me as an individual patient and being up to date on hormonal anxiety.

To the ladies whose GPs are woefully inadequate, please find one who will listen and help if you can.  they are out there and worth their weight in gold.

babyjane

Re: A good GP
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 09:05:33 AM »

No you can't and we have been with our practice for 37 years since we moved here.  However word of mouth helps if you chat to others in your area and sometimes a helpful pharmacist can point you in the right direction as they hear a lot from the patients who use their services.

Mbrown001

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 09:30:28 AM »

We just have one surgery in our area so there are no choices.

In an ideal world  :-\

Mrs Brown

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 09:47:42 AM »

:(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 09:54:20 AM »

I told my GP when he joined the Practice that we would get on OK if he didn't lump me with others and tell me "It's only a virus".  ;). In general he has been really good at listening, I never feel rushed, he will read my lists when I'm too depressed to talk ..... he recognised that I had VA when the repeated irritated bladder came to his notice. If he's been otherwise occupied and I haven't felt that I have got what I wanted, I make another appt. a couple of weeks later and go in "I don't think that I was listening last time, please remind me ...... " .........

He's my age which probably helps  ;)

Mbrown001

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 10:08:22 AM »

My much loved and helpful GP of over 30 years retired last year. I really miss him. He saw me through 3 pregnancies and all my kids childhood ailments.

How dare he  ::)

Mrs Brown

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 12:25:56 PM »

When our wonderful family GP retired we were so lucky to get an equally good and attentive one.  I realise how fortunate we are with them  :)