Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: OK ...So I've lost my voice  (Read 8076 times)

Cazikins

OK ...So I've lost my voice
« on: May 27, 2017, 04:28:49 PM »

So why did my husband answer "no" when I was trying to tell him about something, & I asked him if he could hear me????

>:( >:( >:( >:(
 :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
 :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat:

Elizabethrose

Re: OK ...So I've lost my voice
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 04:47:46 PM »

That is a very very interesting question Cazi!

My husband appears as deaf as a post apart from when I ask him if he'd like; a chocolate, another glass of wine, some dinner, a coffee............. Never fails to amaze me!

I started behaving in exactly the same way Cazi and he actually asked me if I WAS IGNORING HIM ON PURPOSE! x

Cazikins

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 05:57:40 PM »

But it's the fact that he answered no when I asked if he could hear me ER. I mean he must have heard me to have answered my question.

He is now whispering back to me instead of talking normally - he'll be doing sign language next, well I've got a few of my own.  :) :)

Elizabethrose

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 06:47:07 PM »

Haha, you go girl! x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 11:55:07 AM »

:rofl:  - mine ignores me unless I offer him a fiver,  :bed: or a glass of wine  >:(  ::)

cubagirl

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 12:07:03 PM »

Selective hearing,  ;D ;D ;D Don't worry my hubby is an expert.

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 02:02:22 PM »

mine often doesn't respond until I mutter something like 'I'll talk to the wall then', then he gives a relevant reply to what I originally said.  How annoying is that, and don't get me started on trying to communicate with him when he is on his laptop, be it Ancestry or Facebook  >:(

Mbrown001

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 08:02:47 PM »

Men....can't live with them....can't live without them  ;D

Mine is the same....always has been. In fact I used to think I was loosing my memory as I would tell him things and then at a later date he would say I'd never mentioned it.

Then I used my not so secret weapons ...my children. I would say....Now listen while I tell Daddy this that or the other. He used to smile at that until when he was claiming he knew nothing about  what I was going on about....then a little voice would pipe up....Mummy Did tell you that Daddy....don't you remember.

That sorted him out...., ;D

You are not alone lol.

Mrs Brown

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 10:03:12 PM »

Can I borrow your kids MrsB?   Mine will have his head into a TV programme/book and by the time he's answered me I've forgotten the question  >:( - take F1 this afternoon - far better to listen to the commentary about a race going round in circles with no over-taking than listen to me  :bang: :poke2:

Cazikins

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 11:05:53 PM »

What annoys me is when I am talking to him & he has one eye on the TV & the other in my direction.  ;D

Daisycat

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 07:33:11 AM »

Mine has one eye on his phone and the other on the TV  ;D

I rue the day I forced him to upgrade to a smart-phone ::)

Thank you all for making me smile :)

cubagirl

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 10:07:33 AM »

Mine did my head in the other day.  We're having to get a new bathroom radiator & new gas hob. Hob was ordered last week & quote for radiator arrived. I put quote where he'd see it. Did he? Nope! So I spoke to him about it, what were his thoughts. He nodded in all the right places. Sat down to tea & he asked if quote had arrived yet!  :beat: :beat: :beat:

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 11:14:51 AM »

:kick:

Cazikins

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 11:22:40 PM »

Here's a new one!!

I like to have a packet of BBQ hula hoops to munch on in the evening when we are both sitting watching TV. I'm afraid to say it has become a bit of a habit over the last few months & also a bit of a ritual. Hubby will get me a packet from the cupboard when he gets himself a can of beer.

Well, tonight he tells me that he can't hear the telly because of my munching  :o :o
 :poke2: :poke2: :poke2:

I am certain he has hearing problems but I can't get him to have a hearing test as he hates going to the doctors. He denies there is anything wrong with his hearing. Sounds like seletcive hearing to me.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2017, 12:04:35 PM »

Has he noticed you munching previously or was he watching footie  ;)

Mine won't answer immediately if he's got his head in a book, I get a reply about 3 times later than the next comments  >:( ::)
Pages: [1] 2