Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello - advice needed please.  (Read 1403 times)

Emiflo

Hello - advice needed please.
« on: May 18, 2017, 11:50:55 AM »

Hello, I am 49 and 2.5 yrs post menopausal - about 18 months ago my symptoms worsened with panic attacks irritability, and a general feeling of being completely overwhelmed by life, low libido, insomnia and a marriage that was falling apart  to name a few!  My gp was sympathetic and after some discussion prescribed me Premique low dose which I have been on for 9 months.  After an initial horrendous 2 weeks when I started I feel much better although  I have started having some insomnia again recently and my sex drive is still rubbish but generally I am in a better place.  I saw the gp today and explained that the premique low dose is often out of stock and also as I work shifts I can be disorganised about taking it, I am also concerned about it being conjugated oestrogen - and asked about patches she said there wasn't a combined patch and prescribed me more premique ld.  Again I am having difficulty sourcing it so called the gp and spoke to a different dr who said he had no idea why she would put me on premique ld and to go back to her to discuss!!!so now I am totally confused esp as doing some research I have found there are combined patch everol conti.
My question is would I be mad to change to Everol Conti from the premique ld - is it very different? What would be the advantages/disadvantages of changing - would it help my libido?  Is there an alternative recommended that doesn't use conjugated oestrogen. My gp was so rushed today I was in and out in 5 min so feel bewildered what to do.  Many thanks in advance for any advice to the above.

Elizabethrose

Re: Hello - advice needed please.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 03:02:01 PM »

Hi Emiflo

Can't help with HRT advice but wanted to welcome you to the forum. No doubt someone will be along soon who'll be able to advise you. x

Emiflo

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 03:54:38 PM »

Ah thank you - I realise my post was a bit of a ramble but feeling rather lost...so it is great to have found this forum  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 10:31:34 AM »

Hi Emiflo - I answered on your other thread.  :)

Hurdity x