Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Taking liquid prescriptions in hand luggage  (Read 1739 times)

Peacegirl

Taking liquid prescriptions in hand luggage
« on: May 21, 2017, 01:52:44 PM »

Hiya, going on holiday soon (lucky me).  8) has anyone had experience of taking more than 100ml medicine (estrogel) In hand luggage? I've read the regs and it seems ok if you can show it is prescribed to you but I want to be sure.

MicheleMaBelle

Re: Taking liquid prescriptions in hand luggage
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 02:32:29 PM »

I'm just back from holiday. I put the oestrogel in my checked in case as I was carrying my make up bag in my hand luggage ( priorities eh? )
Not sure what the regs say- you might need to carry a copy of your prescription just in case.

Despite seemingly stringent security at a major hub airport recently, I managed to get through with a pair of scissors and tweezers in my make up bag ( oops ) but they did stop me to examine a tin of mints in my bag. Makes you wonder eh?

cubagirl

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 02:53:45 PM »

Be sure to check. My daughter wasn't allowed hand cream flying to Greece, despite being a 100ml original container.  She was gutted, very expensive,  no explanation. Told she could buy more in duty free. Her hubby didn't want a fuss, so they just accepted it.

Salad

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 03:35:57 PM »

Hi  :)
 Yes I travelled with my Oestrogel in my hand luggage. I was told by the airline to take a prescription with me so they could verify it was my medication. I was only questioned once and once they saw the prescription it was not an issue.

Happy holiday  :sunny:

Peacegirl

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 05:14:27 PM »

Lol re tin of mints! Thanks for all the info, I will probably also take some patches I've got kicking around as back up. Not fancying a holiday of cold turkey if it all goes wrong!