Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hemorhoids!  (Read 5809 times)

babyjane

Re: Hemorhoids!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 09:40:01 AM »

Mine were cause by pushing 'wrong' when my eldest was born - 37 years and counting, and aggravated by the most severe constipation you could imagine before my hypothyroidism was diagnosed 30 years ago (at diagnosis my TSH was 52!!!!!)

I used to like Proctosedyl cream and suppositories but it is now called Uniroid, same stuff though. Mine improved when I no longer spent my working day on my feet.

Mbrown001

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 09:43:34 AM »

There is a little device that you can buy from Amazon I think that you put in the freezer. It really shrinks them a lot. My mother found it very helpful.

Funny that IBS (D) can also cause them. I always thought it would be down to constipation but I'm living proof that it's not  ::)

Mrs Brown

babyjane

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 09:45:33 AM »

I also heard that Diarrhoea can also aggravate them, as can stress

Did anyone else see the funny explanation of how to spell diarrhoea on TV a while back, think it was on GP behind closed doors  :)

Mbrown001

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 09:46:35 AM »

Nope.....why do you think it was (D)  ;D ;D

Mrs Brown

babyjane

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 09:48:01 AM »

why do I think what was what (brain fart day today  ::))

Mbrown001

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2017, 09:49:57 AM »

I put the D in brackets as I can't spell diahorrea .....ooo auto correct did it for me  ;D ;D

Mrs Brown
X

babyjane

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2017, 09:57:11 AM »

nope, autocorrect wrong  ;)

d-i-a- run, run, hurry or exploding a**e  :whist:

Butterfly22

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2017, 10:27:27 AM »

Brain fart hahahaha xx

Cassie

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2017, 10:30:38 AM »

I had them when I was in my 20s bled really badly, cant remember what they were treated with but have never bothered me again, except that I had 2 little ones that are external, but when I had my sigmoidoscopy recently the Dr said oh those are skin tags, so we learn!

Spangles

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2017, 05:39:23 PM »

Hi,
I get awful haemorrhoids, I've had treatment and all the meds the doctor can prescribe, the suppositories are goo but I also use neat witch hazel, just soak a cotton wool pad and hold it on for a bit. It takes itching and soreness down and is very soothing. Don't get the gel, just the clear stuff in a bottle that looks like water.
Shellb
xXx

Dorothy

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2017, 08:40:39 PM »

I had this problem in the winter - never get constipated, but do get diarrhoea sometimes, and mine started after that.  I got some over the counter cream which eased it a little bit, but wasn't till I got some other cream and suppositories on prescription that it really went.  (I thought I had better get mine checked out as all the advice online mentioned long periods of sitting, being overweight constipated or straining as being causes, none of which applied to me.  None of the advice mentioned the runs or standing for ages as causing it.  But I was glad I went to the GP anyway as the prescription stuff sorted it so much faster)
Pages: 1 [2]