Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: How long until patch at full strength  (Read 1039 times)

donnacrichton

How long until patch at full strength
« on: April 27, 2017, 04:58:48 PM »

Hi I've had bloods done and levels were under 20pgl on a 50mcg patch. Upped the dose for 1 month to 75mg.  Now I've been on the 100mcg patch for 4 weeks. Still flushing and weird sensations in skin and scalp, burning shoulders. My question is how long will it take for 100mcg to be at full strength don't want to up it too quick?

Hurdity

Re: How long until patch at full strength
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 07:53:55 AM »

Serum levels reach a maximum within a few hours but the cellular effects take longer as they take effect through the cell nucleus and will be specific to different areas of the body that have oestrogen receptors.

Re flushes - such a complex area in terms of how women react and what causes them -  but you definitely should have noticed a reduction in flushes by now.  Perhaps have another blood test in the circumstances and in view of your low absorption on 50 mcg? Do you take testosterone as well?

Hurdity x

donnacrichton

Re: How long until patch at full strength
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 08:44:28 AM »

Never had testosterone before. The flushes got worse first few weeks but are less severe now it is dizziness and tingling and burning back usually settles once the dose has. Don't want to increase yet incase it is just the dose settling x