News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Acne  (Read 1307 times)

jaz29

Acne
« on: April 12, 2017, 07:11:20 PM »

Hi ladies,

Have break out of spots, 55,years of age lol, any suggestions, have roseate too, been using forever living aloe vera cream, dried them up, but still very red skin, another peri menopausal symptom ahhhh. Xxx

Also my doctor has found polyp on my cervix, didn't know had that either. X

Ju Ju

Re: Acne
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 08:18:10 AM »

Rosacea can look like acne, not just redness. In fact, years back, I was told it was acne, despite my very dry shin, and accordingly with a long course of ABs, which didn't make any impression on it, but caused havoc with my digestive system. With time, it settled down.

I have had outbreaks since and have been prescribed both AB and steroid creams, which didn't help either. Time again seems to help, along with looking at what aggravates it as it can be very sore and rather unsightly, I think, though I am told others don't notice it. Not even when I think I have Rudolf's nose!

I find protecting the area from the sun helps. A hat and sun cream that doesn't upset my rather sensitive skin. I've started using Clinique Redness solutions moisturiser and also the sunscreen in the range even in winter. Expensive, but maybe coincidence, but my skin has been more settled since I started using it. I do use a stronger sunscreen in strong sunshine. I wash with Epaderm cream/ointment as this suits my skin (dry with a tendency to eczema). I don't wear make up so often now, as removing it seemed to make my skin flare up. I'm more careful how I dry my face now, patting gently.

Really, it's a matter of finding out what suits you, taking more care and patience when you do have flare ups.

Taz2

Re: Acne
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 09:02:45 AM »

Good post Ju Ju! I'm just having to learn all about Rosacea unfortunately. I've never had skin problems before but at the moment it is really noticeable and painful too. It doesn't help that I work with young children who are never backwards in saying what they think! I've got some of the Forever Living gel and moisturiser but haven't tried them yet as I'm giving the azeliac (?) acid a go. I can't have the antibiotic treatment due to allergy. The little pustules are so sore and now it's creeping up to my forehead. Apparently alcohol can cause a flare but I'm pretending that I haven't heard that  ;D  Sun of course is a no-no but that's not a worry for me obviously!

Taz x  :)