Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Dry, cracked and peeling lips??  (Read 2252 times)

Missy2626

Dry, cracked and peeling lips??
« on: April 10, 2017, 06:38:26 PM »

Hello!  I'll be turning 50 in a few weeks, am still peri-menopausal, and am noticing that my lips have become extremely dry, cracked, and peeling like crazy (I've also noticed a major increase in Fordyce spots (ectopic sebaceous glands) on my lips and inside my cheeks).  I've been using petroleum jelly and every type of lip balm imaginable (even switched to different lipsticks, thinking it could be an allergic reaction), but nothing helps!  Just wondering if anyone has encountered this issue, and what, if anything, has helped?

cubagirl

Re: Dry, cracked and peeling lips??
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 06:57:49 PM »

I just reapply & reapply. Found one in H&B by Dr Organics. It's organic, moisturized, protects & rejuvenates. Factor 15 too. It lasts a bit longer.

ancient runner

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 07:07:08 PM »

These days Aquaphor is the only thing that works for me - you get it in a tube. Lasts for absolutely ages and once it's started working only have to apply a couple of times a day.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 07:09:38 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop so the body dries out  ::) - in and out!  I use Vaseline stick thingies, often.  Or Savlon which heals as it soothes.  Over and over .......

Missy2626

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 07:31:23 PM »

Just wanted to thank you ladies for all of your input!  I've only been on this forum a very short time, this is my second post, and it is so comforting and reassuring to hear from others experiencing the same things -- my lips feel like they're an inch thick :(  I'll definitely try your suggestions!

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 07:32:05 PM »

It's skin all over that dries with me  ::) and do read the threads about vaginal atrophy .......

Missy2626

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 07:39:44 PM »

Vaginal atrophy -- ugh!!!  Just one of the many other things to look forward to!  At least I found a place here so that I know what to expect :)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 07:43:27 PM »

It might not happen ;-).  It can present as repeated urine infection-type symptoms.  After the first urine sample is sent to a Lab. by your GP/Nurse and appropriate treatment if necessary given: many GPs don't test other than dip stick and prescribe ABs which are probably not required : then any cystitis/bladder irritation should be treated with either Vagifem or Ovestin.  Ask if you feel it becoming a problem B4 it gets problematic if that makes sense?