Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT Update  (Read 1185 times)

Sunray47

HRT Update
« on: April 10, 2017, 05:38:10 PM »

I posted a few weeks ago as was in a dilemma about whether to start HRT or not as was suffering with lots of perimenopausal symptoms. I had some helpful replies so thank you to everyone who took the time to read my post. Anyway I thought I'd update you to what's been happening since.

I started the Elleste Duo 1 mg HRT. 16 days on the white tablets and I started to feel like me again! The tiredness was still there, but no way near as bad. I stopped crying over nothing and my anxiety improved. I could walk through crowds without panicking and I was productive at work and had my hair cut and wore some make up, whereas before even brushing my hair felt exhausting and what's the point! I actually started to feel happy again. The only negative was an itchy scalp from time to time and itchy legs.

Then I started the green tablets. I had read that they don't agree with some ladies so I was prepared for that. But 7 days on them and apart from the tiredness getting worse with low energy levels, I still felt good. But then over the weekend I started to feel low again and tearful and exhausted. Even my dad who never notices anything commented that I looked awful. Thanks dad! Anyway this morning instead of going to work I ended up sat in the doctors waiting room in tears and doubled over in pain with the worst stomach cramps I've ever had. I saw a lovely lady GP whose first words to me were, " You look terrible"! She didn't think it was the green tablets causing my symptoms but said to stop them for a few days and go back and see her on Wednesday. She thought I might have an infection in my tummy so has prescribed antibiotics and tramadol for the pain oh and mefenamic acid too. ( I rattle if you shake me :-) ). But now I'm led in bed, still in pain and feeling awful. I'm upset because I felt so good on the white tablets and thought I was finally getting my life back to how I used to feel. Now I feel like where do I go from here. Before the HRT I was off work for several days with extreme tiredness and awful period pain etc. So because I felt good on the white tablets I thought things would settle down, yet now I'm off work again today because I'm in so much pain and the GP said I wasn't well enough to go in. So that's stressing me which isn't helping as I can't keep going off sick every month and I don't want to lose my job.

Has anyone experienced anything similar on the green tablets? I've still not had a bleed either. The pain actually feels like contractions. I did have an ablation a few years ago and then I got told after a scan that I had pockets of blood building up in my uterus and could have a hysterectomy but the thought of that frightened me so I just coped for a while on pain killers each month and things did improve until the perimenopause symptoms started. So I'm also worrying now as to whether the 16 days on the white tablets has triggered something. I did mention this to my GP but I'm still unclear. Thanks for listening.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT Update
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 06:09:40 PM »

Yep.  HORMONES  >:( and many ladies find that the 'green' stage of certain HRT treatments can cause problems which your GP should know!

ABs for '?' what exactly: without doing any tests and knowing that you are on HRT  :-\

Personally I wouldn't take the ABs.  I would be contacting a Pharmacist for advice when feeling better.  Have a look-see when you feel better at the Elleste Duo - use the search button here for other threads/responses. 

:bighug:

Lizab

Re: HRT Update
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 03:13:49 AM »

I assume the green tabs are the ones containing a progestin? I had a different hrt, but my first 2 months the progesterone gave me the worst cramps I've ever had and not too much of a period. Those were the only times in my life I've had to use a hot water bottle on my back for my period. If I recall, by the third month it wasn't so bad. As for the feeling awful, it's hard to say if it would settle if you stick with it, but early days on hrt can be very up and down. You could always try another form.