Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New to Hrt who else??  (Read 830 times)

Ang1e

New to Hrt who else??
« on: April 10, 2017, 11:05:02 AM »

Hi im 39yrs old and very lucky to have 2 children boy & girl.
But recent results show I'm going through menopause no period since last year. Had  bone scan & appointment at a menopause clinic which has help me with advice and what to do next.
Been told best for me would be HRT which at first I'm not going to lie wasn't keen on the idea after reading all the effects what could happen. But after great thought and another visit to the doctor I have taken the decision to take the tablets mine are called FEMOSTON low dosage first.
I wasn't really keen on the whole idea of having my periods back themy i have not missed!  but glad to see the back of night sweats, loss of appetite, hot flushes, no sex drive & generally hormones up/down happy sad crying laughing.
Since taking the tablets only 15 days now seems to have balance out sex drive is back, appetite is good and I feel great!

Anyone else feeling like this??
Be good to chat to others my partner has been very supportive.

Ang

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New to Hrt who else??
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 11:18:07 AM »

:welcomemm:  some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.  You may find that you benefit initially from HRT but sometimes the dose needs tweezing as hormones rise and fall.  Do have a read of our Vaginal Atrophy thread/s too!

Browse round.  Make notes.  Ask ......... someone else will be along I'm sure.  You can read the Daisy web-site too for 'early' menopause advice.

Ang1e

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 12:11:15 PM »

Thanks for the info

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 12:57:03 PM »

>wave<