Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Reiki, interesting experience!  (Read 6660 times)

Elliemay

Reiki, interesting experience!
« on: April 04, 2017, 08:22:15 AM »

I used to work as a holistic therapist myself but had somehow bypassed reiki. I think I had a taster session once. I was feeling so bad with meno anxiety & depression that my friend offered me a session. She brought the massage bed round.i am too anxious to lie back & relax, the dog was barking at passers by and i was thinking it perhaps wasn't the right time! My body was totally fighting it, twitching and I had a big patch  of anxiety that felt like a slime monster from ghostbusters, hovering above the chest.

Now, I had tons of hypnotherapy in the past for anxiety and could never visualise anything but during reiki I was told to bring in any guides or whatever that may help. That was a bit much for my anxiety so I just imagined a white light.  All of a sudden, my Mum's face appeared in it, not like some glorious angel but really matter of fact basically telling me to let go of some childhood trauma (i had quite a bit) and it was all ok! It wasn't like a ghostly apparition I just took it to be repressed memories that were blocking something. Thing is that i started crying (something i find hard to do) so did the therapist!

Anyhow, I still have anxiety and mood swings but that was over a month ago and i still feel that something very deep rooted actually went away for ever in that session!

Just thought I'd mention it for those who have emotional pain issues. Definitely worth a try.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 02:08:04 PM by Elliemay »

Ju Ju

Re: Reiki, iteresting experience!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 08:55:54 AM »

What a lovely experience! Just keep your Mums message at the back of your mind for whenever you feel overwhelmed.

Several years ago, I went on workshop called **** it, which suited the emotional place I was in. During the day, we did a visualisation exercise. I mutinously thought, "I don't do visualisation." before drifting off on clouds or liquid. I was aware I was a baby before birth and I was hugging myself and telling myself I was OK. In other words, the message I learned in childhood that I wasn't good enough was incorrect. This has had a profound impact on me ever since.

I did try Reiki once. The practitioner told me a young boy was watching over me, but I freaked out and didn't go back. Still don't know how I feel about that. I did have a friend who was killed in a road accident when I was ten. You have to be ready for some experiences, perhaps.

Elliemay

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 09:10:48 AM »

That does sound a powerful visualisation. I think that the "not good enough" message has an awful lot to answer for with a lot of us.

I tried spiritual healing when anxiety first hit, they freaked me out by saying they would send their guides to visit me in the night! Whaaat? :-o

This wasn't freaky at all though, I had been worried about the floodgates opening but it felt like i would only let got what was safe for me. I had a lot of painful memories associated with Mum, she was very ill and died at 46. I realised that i had actually shut her out. Since the reiki, i feel like I have Mum back with me (ie, I can think of her in a positive way. It's really lovely actually)

breeze

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 09:54:42 AM »

Have been  suspicious of Reike ever since I read a practitioners web page, where she claimed she could 'cure' cancer. :-\

This sort of claim is illegal anyway so I hope that it was just a 'rogue' practitioner, and not the norm. 

bramble

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 10:03:37 AM »

I had Reiki for years when my anxiety was at its peak. Sometimes I had to cancel the appointment as I couldn't get out of the house. But I did find it wonderfully calming. No 'out of body' experiences but just a deep rooted sense of calm after each session. Well worth a go.

Bramble

Elliemay

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 10:14:55 AM »

Have been  suspicious of Reike ever since I read a practitioners web page, where she claimed she could 'cure' cancer. :-\

This sort of claim is illegal anyway so I hope that it was just a 'rogue' practitioner, and not the norm.

Those kind of people really annoy me. You are not supposed to make claims like that. I wouldn't touch anyone like that with a bargepole! :-/

I wasn't expecting anything and felt a bit uncomfortable at first because although I know the lady, she isn't a close friend & my anxiety was awful. So I was really surprised at how well it worked. It definitely released a very old blockage there. It's given me a clue as to the root of some of this anxiety too. I'd just rather not have all this hormone rubbish giving it an almighty prod!

Elliemay

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 11:37:48 AM »

I forgot to mention that I have a torn hip labrum that can't be surgically repaired. the reiki felt wonderful and I could feel muscle twitching in that hip, she could feel it too, seemingly that's quite normal in reiki but again that felt so much better for weeks, no pain at all, it's just twinging again now. i need another session, want to get rid of the anxiety slime-monster clinging to my chest!

Elliemay

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 12:16:53 PM »

well...ive been suffering badly from that for over a year. plus the lovely meno "rabbit poo" constipation alongside it. ::) i put it down to  the weight gain too. it was jolting me every time i walked and agony when i lay down. I read the horrors of drugs such as omeprazole and decided that I want to avoid those for as long as i can. i started on probiotics which helped a bit but i saw a medical herbalist who made a blend up for me. i know it contains liquorice, ashwaghanda and limeblossom. Only been on it a month. Hardly a drop of gaviscon has touched my lips since! In the past i tried all the sachets from gp for constipation. this blend has totally sorted out my digestion. I know it'll trigger if i eat chilli or tomato but i have actually done that without a night of searing pain following it. I looked for a registered medical herbalist in my area.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Reiki, interesting experience!
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 03:19:18 PM »

It's the liquorice that worked ;-).  Or figs can ease bowel motions  :-X  :sick02: ........  :D.  As for Reiki, how can something that is non-contact 'do' anything?  It's sometimes about giving ourselves time; to be able to relax and maybe share stuff.  I went to a Practitioner 20+ years ago when she first began setting up her business but we didn't get very far as she wanted too much personal information  :-\.  If it is to work then one shouldn't have to tell the Practitioner anything.  The act of relaxation should have been enough particularly as without leaving the house, I wasn't able to give myself time whereas going somewhere made me take time out  ::).

Those Practitioners that make 'claims to cure .........' don't get my vote!

If it works for you, don't knock it! 

Elliemay

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 03:42:35 PM »

I really don't understand how reiki works, but you can feel it! it's bizarre. i wasnt expecting anything either. Ive done so many relaxation, meditation, yoga, pilates, hypno type things over the years and cannot relax, i just get irritated, bored or feel like punching someone (not that i would!)

so yep I'm baffled by that one!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 03:45:12 PM »

Do you mean that you could feel it?  This is a non-contact therapy though  :-\ .........

Elliemay

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 04:43:44 PM »

Yes I absolutely could. i had my eyes shut, so you could say that if you focus on an area of your body you'll feel a sensation, like in relaxation but this wasnt like that. you can definitely feel waves of energy, muscle twitching and extreme heat, thing is I didnt mention it but she could feel it too?? No explanation for this at all but I could definitely feel the energy or whatever it was moving though. i felt a twitching in  the left hip, didnt mention it and my friend said, oh i can feel twitching here. also extreme heat from my stomach. i used to do massage therapy & it was far more intense than anything generated by that. all good though.

Elliemay

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2017, 04:49:48 PM »

we need some reiki practitioners to comment! I'm very into alternative therapies but i hate charlatans, pick wisely and am very cynical. My friend just offered & i thought it was lovely of her but wasnt expecting anything. i can honestly say it shifted something that has been weighing me down for years. OH said i seemed lighter & I hadnt gone into detail about it.The experience of seeing my mum wasnt like her ghost or anything, i took it to be a visual interpretation  of mine about what i had been blocking.

Ju Ju

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 05:16:04 PM »

I used to see a reflexologist. I never told her how I felt; she told me. She was so accurate. My foot would cramp up and go into spasm when she came to the area of the foot that relates to the bowel. She got really worried, so discussed with whoever trained her. I always felt wonderful afterwards.

Elliemay

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 08:24:37 PM »

I trained in reflexology & it really does pick up on things. I have that when I can afford it & always feel more balanced afterwards
Pages: [1] 2