Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anxiety and low mood  (Read 1310 times)

Jollidays

Anxiety and low mood
« on: April 02, 2017, 08:58:10 AM »

Hi everyone
Just when I thought I was starting to feel better it's come back just as bad. Is this how it goes on for you ? Xx

Elliemay

Re: Anxiety and low mood
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 10:18:11 AM »

Hi Jollidays, yes it is :-/  I was just about to write a big rambling post about it myself but couldnt summon the energy. Just made a half hearted breakfast for the man, who complained that I used coconut oil in the egg because we ran out of butter... and i just feel numb, he has no idea what hell ive been through ovenight! Ive been having such bad nights, not sleeping then waking up with anxiety attacks that feel like a heart attack/stroke/some kind of hellish withdrawal scene  from Trainspotting! The man is lovely and supportive but i got to the point where i just cant talk to my friends or him about it any more because i think theyve had enough...and i only ever mention it when it gets to the point that I feel i have to mention something in case i keel over in front of them.

I eat healthily, done even drink alcohol, don't smoke. Im not on any medication whatsoever including HRT but have been to see a herbalist who made a calming blend up for me.

Last week, i felt much better, mood lifted, but then i started feeling hyper in the mornings and crashing fatigue on the afternoon. (im not bipolar but it felt like mild hypomania) then last couple of days depressed again. I got on the forum and it helps to see I'm not on my own, but it really does feel that way!

Ive heard of people who had this go on for years but it eventually went so we have to hang on in there eh! xx

babyjane

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 05:09:46 PM »

Hello you two, don't underestimate the power of sharing these horrors with other ladies who will say 'oh, I know.....'. It is instantly reassuring after you have chewed yourself into a frazzle over these gifts the menopause throws at us on a regular basis.  None of it is pleasant but it does ease, although it can take several years.

There are medications, different HRT preparations, lifestyle changes all to help us deal with our own personal bumpy ride throud the meno menace and no 2 ladies will have the same experience.  But we all know and can empathise and support and reassure and that is worth a lot.

Elliemay

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 05:49:52 PM »

Hello you two, don't underestimate the power of sharing these horrors with other ladies who will say 'oh, I know.....'. It is instantly reassuring after you have chewed yourself into a frazzle over these gifts the menopause throws at us on a regular basis.  None of it is pleasant but it does ease, although it can take several years.

There are medications, different HRT preparations, lifestyle changes all to help us deal with our own personal bumpy ride throud the meno menace and no 2 ladies will have the same experience.  But we all know and can empathise and support and reassure and that is worth a lot.

:thankyou:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 06:01:19 PM »

"chewed yourself into a frazzle" hits the nail on the head  :thankyou: BJ

Jollidays

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 08:20:45 PM »

Thank you all for your support I am going to ask my Gp about hrt tomorrow as although the fluoxetine has helped I'm not sure if I should take the plunge with something else.

It truly does help to know you are out there especially as I also feel I can't keep telling my family/ how bad it is all the time. I will tell you how I get on tomorrow.

Xx