Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Disturbed sleep while using HRT?  (Read 1393 times)

Binbon2

Disturbed sleep while using HRT?
« on: April 02, 2017, 08:41:35 AM »

Just wondering if any of you ladies have disturbed sleep while using HRT?

I have been in perimenopause for 2-3 years. Last year my symptoms ramped up virtually overnight and I had hot flushes that badly disturbed my sleep.

I started HRT and the hot flushes went almost straight away but the disturbed sleep has remained with me ever since.

I tried Elleste duet 1 mg, then increased to Elleste duet 2 mg. I have since moved on to Everol 50 sequi.

The amount my sleep is disturbed seems to vary. Sometimes I only wake up twice a night and other times I wake up almost every hour.

Most of the GPs I have seen think the disturbed sleep is down to anxiety. I was very anxious last year, mainly because I was unable to carry out my job as it required attention to detail, which doesn't work with poor sleep! I ended up on long term sick, and was desperate to solve the sleep issue to save my job. I ended up having my contract terminated due to medical capability. Not a pleasant time.

After I lost my job I saw a mental health nurse for CBT. She thought that the my anxiety was mainly down to the way work treated me. I last went about 2 months ago and she said she was writing to my GP to say that she didn't think my sleep issues were anxiety related. I shall pursue this a bit more when I go back for my next lot of HRT.

I have pretty much resigned myself to just living with the disturbed sleep and hoping it will resolve once my hormones stop fluctuating, but curious to see if disturbed sleep is a peri symptom experienced by others.

dazned

Re: Disturbed sleep while using HRT?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 02:14:08 PM »

Unfortunately I think that quite a few of us here have insomnia to some extent ,some worse than others. I used to be able to sleep for England sadly no more and it's nothing to do with flushes,comfort or anything that I'm aware of its just not the same quality or quantity.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 09:29:32 PM by dazned »

Peacegirl

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 07:46:47 PM »

Just wondering if any of you ladies have disturbed sleep while using HRT?

I have been in perimenopause for 2-3 years. Last year my symptoms ramped up virtually overnight and I had hot flushes that badly disturbed my sleep.

I started HRT and the hot flushes went almost straight away but the disturbed sleep has remained with me ever since.

I tried Elleste duet 1 mg, then increased to Elleste duet 2 mg. I have since moved on to Everol 50 sequi.

The amount my sleep is disturbed seems to vary. Sometimes I only wake up twice a night and other times I wake up almost every hour.

Most of the GPs I have seen think the disturbed sleep is down to anxiety. I was very anxious last year, mainly because I was unable to carry out my job as it required attention to detail, which doesn't work with poor sleep! I ended up on long term sick, and was desperate to solve the sleep issue to save my job. I ended up having my contract terminated due to medical capability. Not a pleasant time.

After I lost my job I saw a mental health nurse for CBT. She thought that the my anxiety was mainly down to the way work treated me. I last went about 2 months ago and she said she was writing to my GP to say that she didn't think my sleep issues were anxiety related. I shall pursue this a bit more when I go back for my next lot of HRT.

I have pretty much resigned myself to just living with the disturbed sleep and hoping it will resolve once my hormones stop fluctuating, but curious to see if disturbed sleep is a peri symptom experienced by others.

Im not peri I'm post but only had disturbed sleep (other than pre hrt flushes) recently and put it down to the type of hrt. It seemed to be the result of too much estrogen. Not saying this is true for you but if your hormones are still fluctuating it might be tricky getting the hrt balanced? I'm no expert though not even on my own situation. Hope you get some rest soon x

Binbon2

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 03:15:49 PM »

Thanks Peacegirl and Dazned. Good to hear your thoughts. Will look forward to the time when the hormones fluctuate less!