Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: aprehensive  (Read 1476 times)

ChrisNolan

aprehensive
« on: March 19, 2017, 05:11:53 PM »

thanks for the welcome on here, quick update, got my referral through and doctor wanted to take a scraping but he couldn't get the probe inside as the neck of my womb was too small. More blood tests were done and I am booked in for next week where they will put me to sleep and have a proper look inside. In the meantime I have found out from my mum that both of my sisters have had ovarian cancer (nice of her to tell me now) Estranged family - long story. Mentioned this to the doctor who said I might have to have gene testing done. One of my sisters passed over 7 years ago and no contact with the other one so cant find out any more regarding their symptoms or progress. Mum has early dementia so not able to question her so sat here now a bit more aprehensive than I was before

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: aprehensive
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:16:25 PM »

I bet you are!  At least you and your GP are aware so the various blood tests can take place.  Get the scan done next week, one thing at a time!

ChrisNolan

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 11:41:28 PM »

Blood tests came back normal, ultrasound shows multiple fibroids and a cyst on right ovary, couldn't see left one. Booked in for hysteroscopy next Tuesday under general for further investigations. Feeling much better but still a little worried at the speed of everything. Just taking painkillers for the abdo and back pain but nothing helps with the urinary frequency but thankfully the bleeding is slowing down now

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 12:10:22 PM »

I would be worried if there was a gap in raising my concerns and investigations  ::)

You will let us know how you get on?

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 08:01:14 PM »

I think I answered you on another thread? Your story sounds familiar  :-\

Glad the bleeding is slowing.

Hurdity x