Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: back on femaston conti for three weeks and still flushing  (Read 1126 times)

wonkeydonkey

back on femaston conti for three weeks and still flushing
« on: March 15, 2017, 09:28:59 AM »

I came off Femaston Conti 1mg 5mg six months ago because i was bleeding every two or three weeks and i was getting swollen ankles and feet.  Six months later I am having terrible flushes - (much worse than ever before) and I am not sleeping at all. I  am aching all over.  I have therefore gone back on it.  I have an appointment at the Surrey Menopause clinic next week to try to get the levels right this time. 
In spite of being on Femaston Conti 1mg 5 for three weeks now I am still having hot flushes and night sweats.  They were controlled when i was on this hrt before.  I cant work out why it isnt working now.  Any ideas? Funnily enough i have not had any break through bleeding this time. yet.
I am worried that my GP may not continue my treatment now as i am now just turned 60.  I did not stop having periods till I was late 57 so I have not been post menopausal for that long.   I don't think I can cope with the symptoms without some sort of help.   

Kathleen

Re: back on femaston conti for three weeks and still flushing
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 07:07:46 PM »

Hello wonkeydonkey and welcome to the forum.

I am sure one of the expert ladies will be along to advise you about HRT.  I just wanted to say that I too am 60,  still flushing and my last period was at 54 so I'm another woman who's late to the party lol. My worst symptom is anxiety and I am trying Tibolone at the moment but it's early days.

Wishing you well.

K.