Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1334 times)

LizzieM

Hello
« on: March 08, 2017, 08:12:42 PM »

Hello,

Just a quick Hello whilst joining the forum  :)

I was pointed in the direction of this site by a male GP!  I went to see him as I was a bit down in the dumps and not sleeping well due to losing my Mum to cancer in September last year and had been caring for her at home for the previous 3 months, he prescribed me sleeping tablets which due to working shift work I decided not to take as buying cakes for everyone when you are late gets expensive!!

I feel as though in the past week I have been hit by a peri-menopausal brick.  I have not had a period since the end of January and having last year gone for 67 days without one and then have been roughly monthly until now. 

This week though has been awful. I never knew about the cold spells until I looked it up, I think that they are worse than the hot flushes.  I sat down last night and could not believe that I was freezing one minute and 10 mins later sweating, this carried on all night and was horrid.  And then the next morning terrible nausea and I actually threw up as well.  Never knew about that one either! 

I am 49, 50 in August so I guess that I knew it was coming, but it seems to of hit all at once, guess another thing in life to suck up and get on with it!!

I look forward to reading through the forums and gaining knowledge about what is happening to me and keep smiling about it along with you ladies.

Best wishes

Liz

Taz2

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 08:22:08 PM »

Hi LizzieM - welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear about your mum and the tough time you are having at the moment.

Although it is common to have hot/cold spells and some nausea during peri menopause it's not that common to actually throw up. I am wondering whether you may have a low-grade infection of some kind? Undiagnosed UTI's can make you feel like this - well they do me anyway - and quite often you can have one without the burning on urination. Why not make a docs appointment just to check that all is well.

Let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

samweller161

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 09:09:04 AM »

Hi LizzieM and have a hug from me, you have been through a lot regardless of the menopause.  Hot and cold is about right but I only feel a bit nauseous when am hungry.  A common suggestion is to eat little and often - things like bananas are recommended?

SP x

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 10:28:59 PM »

Hello LizzieM- big hug to you. Have you had your thyroid levels checked? Might be worth doing x

LizzieM

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 11:12:52 AM »

Thanks for the replies ladies, I went to the GP and had a blood test and had a text message to state that all is normal so no thyroid problems there.  But I did read that what shows up one day on a blood test could be different from the next day.  Sage tablets seem to of done the trick for me though, no more hot flushes.  I am also taking Vit D, Vit B complex and some Gingko to help with the brain fogs!  Via Slimming World I have lost over a stone so feeling better now.  I did have a very small bleed, which was quite disappointing as I was hoping that was all over!!

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 06:28:43 PM »

Good for you LizzieG- long may it continue! X