Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Worried  (Read 14366 times)

Hurdity

Re: Worried
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2017, 11:23:02 AM »

Thanks for the update Laylabud and sorry to hear about your op but better to have the fibroid out if it is the cause of your problems. Did the docs say whether thethickened lining and bleed could be due to a period rather than breakthrough bleeding? Hopefully you will hear the results of the biopsy soon and that all will be well - but at least you are being investigated which is the main thing.

Well done with the weight loss and hope you are able to continue with this as it is the best thing for your health.

In the meantime try not to worry and do keep posting on here whenever you need some support - there is always someone here to listen...

Hurdity x

Laylabud

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2017, 03:56:36 PM »

He didn't really say and I didn't ask as I was taking in the shock of having an op at this stage. If the swabs come back normal I don't know what the next stage will be of reducing the thickness of the uterus would this be with Meds or further ops? If it comes back abnormal then I am guessing it will be a hysto?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2017, 04:46:06 PM »

You are facing difficulties B4 they arise? is your brain whizzing with worry?  Why do you feel that you are at 'more risk'?  I never had children and I've been OK.  I was sterilised in my mid-20s .......... had awful PMT in my mid-30s .......

What support are you getting with the weight loss?  Do you have an exercise regime?  Some people find that they lose well initially then it stalls, so don't despair!  Do you have hobbies?

Laylabud

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2017, 07:35:25 PM »

I always worry about things just like my mum was. Not feeling great today have a tummy ache and  started to bleed again not sure if it is from the camera intrusion from thursday as was ok yesterday.
I know there are lots of its, buts and maybe.
My husband is my only support for the weight loss as we are both in need of losing weight, we have been walking a lot in recent weeks so trying to get fitter.
I am just anxious as I know I am at more risk of developing womb cancer .

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2017, 07:42:22 PM »

Sorry if I missed something, why are you more at risk?  :-\

Walking is good, I ought to do more! stopped seriously when I no longer had a  :scottie: and don't forget to add housework to your exercise regime too even lifting out the ironing board counts  ;).  I think that we can fail to notice weight as it goes on which makes it harder and a lot longer to get off again.  Don't deny yourselves treats though or you will crave  :D.

I am a born worrier.  It comes out physically with me, i.e. nausea  :'(.  In the night I can worry about not doing stuff that I need to do, i.e. update our Wills, write birthday cards/letters then promptly forget the next day  >:(.  Until the next night ........

We have such lovely countryside when it's  :sunny: ....... this time of year there are at least lambs to watch and new growth in the hedgerows!

Laylabud

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2017, 09:08:26 PM »

Sorry if I missed something, why are you more at risk?  :-\

Because I was told by the consultant that I have never had children and overweight.

Laylabud

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2017, 04:02:15 PM »

Had a pre op assessment today for the removal of the fibroid/poylp they told me that the consultant wants the op done quickly, should I be worried?

Laylabud

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2017, 12:06:11 PM »

I have received a copy of the letter the gyno consultant sent to my go today it said that I have multiple fibroid, my endrometruim is 10mm thick and an enlarged uterus measuring 104x61mm and a small cyst on my right overy. This was all found during a ultrasound and a hysteroscopy. I am now waiting to have a pedunculated fibroid/polyp to be resected under a general. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Laylabud

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2017, 09:13:50 PM »

Having my op tomorrow to have the fibroid removed under General feeling really nervous.

Hurdity

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2017, 04:09:35 PM »

Hi Layalbud

Hope your op went well and you were able to remain calm. Do let us know how it went and how you feel.

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2017, 04:45:37 PM »

Hopefully you will have a sympathetic Surgeon who can sit by your bed and explain what was found and what is expected after surgery.

Laylabud

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2017, 08:04:27 PM »

Home now it went as as it could. They have said it was a poylp rather than a fibroid it had a rather large stalk not sure if that's good or bad, they will send it for for histology to see if it's nasty or not if it is then it will be a hysterectomy fingers crossed it's not.  Feeling really sore and very tired. Thanks for your support. One hurdle out the way and hope that will be it. X

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2017, 09:00:52 PM »

Everything goes for histology, even removed appendix  ::)

Feet up, sleep .........   :tulips:

Laylabud

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2017, 09:30:12 PM »

Well it's been 3 weeks since I had a poylp removed and 5 weeks since they took a dame of my wall lining as it was thick at 10mm and still no results.  Post survey I stopped bleeding a week ago but I am having pain in the groin, I don't know if that is down to surgery or something else.

Laylabud

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2017, 09:15:19 AM »

Have phoned this morning everything is benign thank goodness with no follow up. But doesn't explain the discomfort still. They are getting a medically trained nurse to call me tomorrow now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4