Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: nausea and pains  (Read 2422 times)

Yammy1

nausea and pains
« on: February 21, 2017, 04:49:08 PM »

Lately I have been suffering with awful nausea, it just starts out of the blue and can strike at any time :-\. I am also getting a lot of aches and pains in arms chest, back, hips.basically anywhere, (I'm 53 but I feel 93) just wondering if this is all part of this blooming menopause. I used to panic when I first started getting pains because they are mostly in my left arm but I know they are not going to kill me or they would have by now  ::). My Dad sadly passed away four weeks ago and I'm trying to come to terms with this, he was my best pal and although he was 92 he was as sharp as a pin and had a very happy life. As I type my arm has pain, very annoying, just wondering is this the norm

Yammy1

Re: nausea and pains
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 06:10:05 PM »

Thank you Megamind for you reply. The arm pain can be upper or lower or wrist, and as for hip pain doc sent me for xray and I need a hip replacement  :'(. she is reluctant to send me for it yet as she reckons i'm too young and it would only last twenty years max. I also finally got appointment for pelvic and bowel repair (25th May), I need this because damage caused during hysterectomy in 2012. I swear i'm coming back as a man in my next life lol. between anxiety, pains and body falling apart i'm fine  :-*

Maryjane

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 07:29:01 PM »

I feel like I have morning 🤢 all day at the moment , even being sick.

Have been to GP and she is sending me here there and everywhere , but I think / hope it's this flipping meno nonsense . Had it for 4 months now.

Yammy1

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 07:41:44 PM »

It's awful isn't it, the not knowing when it's going to strike is the worst, but lately it feels like anytime I eat, and it doesn't need to be a big meal I feel sick

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 07:45:26 PM »

Exactly the same , most food makes me 🤢at the moment, little and often we should do.

Yammy1

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 08:01:02 PM »

yeah, but being diabetic I can't afford to start vomiting, so hopefully it will pass

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 08:05:31 PM »

Do you have a Diabetic Nurse to ask advice of?

Megamind

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 08:28:25 PM »

Thank you Megamind for you reply. The arm pain can be upper or lower or wrist, and as for hip pain doc sent me for xray and I need a hip replacement  :'(. she is reluctant to send me for it yet as she reckons i'm too young and it would only last twenty years max. I also finally got appointment for pelvic and bowel repair (25th May), I need this because damage caused during hysterectomy in 2012. I swear i'm coming back as a man in my next life lol. between anxiety, pains and body falling apart i'm fine  :-*

Is your hip due to arthritis? Perhaps you are experiencing arthritis elsewhere like your wrist and back? My friend was also told she should try to hold off on her hip replacement due to being so young. I suppose it depends how long you can cope with the pain?

Momo

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 08:37:30 PM »

Hi Yammy1
sorry to hear about your dad, it can be such a difficult thing. When my dad died five years ago, I did go through a kind of physical mourning, aches and pains and fatigue and I was surprised how weak grief made me feel. 

But like you I get nausea and funny chest pains and sometimes in my arm too, getting it checked out is probably a good thing

In fact it happened again to me today, after a long period of not happening, I used to have it more often before I started HRT and was starting out on the menopause adventure. But I have just changed to evoril patches , so I am putting it down to that. I have  heard it described as being like morning sickness ( never had children so not had to suffer it myself) but that and a general weakness seems to be a menopause thing.

not very comforting but get yourself checked out and take care. Now is the time to be kind to yourself  and I am sure the ladies on the forum are full of wise words to help you through.
cheers

Yammy1

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 09:25:56 PM »

I don't have a diabetic nurse,but my doc is very good and keeps a close eye on it. she took bloods to check my inflammatory levels and said they are ok at the moment, but if pains get worse she will send me for more x rays as they only did x ray on right hip. I tried hrt a couple of times ( estradot patch) but my anxiety went through the roof each time, maybe i need to go back to doc and see if there is another one I can try. I know it's  trial and error but I feel so tired and achy all the time. sorry for going on but I fine it helps knowing your not alone

Maryjane

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 06:52:22 AM »

Vitamin D.

Meg

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 01:43:19 AM »

Know exactly how you feel with the nausea.  This is the absolute pits.  Just like morning sickness or it can strike at other times of the day.  It can just affect your life so badly and yet most doctors seem to be in denial about it which makes you feel more alone, so thank goodness for the forum here.

Meg