Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New to HRT ...Everol Conti advice needed  (Read 2295 times)

Beverley727

New to HRT ...Everol Conti advice needed
« on: January 28, 2017, 10:39:13 AM »

Hi Ladies, I am 44 years old and have been experiencing menopause symptoms for years and haven't had a period for almost 2 years. I have finally had 2 consecutive blood tests in the 60 range so GP has agreed to HRT. I picked up prescription for Evorel Conti yesterday. But I've had a look on here and it seems like lots of people are using half patches? I only had a telephone appointment so worried I migh have missed something? Thanks in advance x

Dancinggirl

Re: New to HRT ...Everol Conti advice needed
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 10:52:22 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM
Some women feel they need to ease into HRT more but it's rarely necessary - if I were you I'd just go for it.  You may find you get some side effects at first as the body ‘wakes up' and welcome the hormones - things usually settle within 3 months. 
Most women do very well on these patches, however some of the women who visit this site get problems with HRT so are seeking advice and support about how to find something that works for them - this is why they try to experiment with doses which is often not a good idea.  Don't look for problems - just look forward to feeling a lot better within the next 2-4 weeks. Dg x

Beverley727

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 10:58:01 AM »

Great - fingers crossed it all goes well. Thank you for replying x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 04:02:02 PM »

Hi Beverley727

I agree with the others - go for it! It is only a few women who are extremely sensitive to changes in oestrogen levels who start low and slow. I started with 50 mcg (oestrogen) patch straight away 10 years ago and never looked back!

Hurdity x

vickypk

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 05:54:46 PM »

I've been using those patches for the past 18 months and fine on them and two of my friends use the same patches and they are good too.  I did get a few side effects when I first started on them and cut the patches for a couple of months until I felt better.
Hope you do well on them. x

Flewog

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 07:02:32 PM »

I have been using the patches for 5 months, couple of teething issues, dry patches of skin when I take them off, had a batch that caused itching and really tender skin underneath but I must admit this is a small price to pay for getting my life back. I turn 50 in a few months and still have periods just light and a little infrequent over the last few months. However the patches have made me feel great, I work full time and have a 6 year old step daughter, and 6 grandchildren that now have someone who plays with them without crying or shouting or loosing the plot, glad to be human again  ;D

Beverley727

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 09:12:20 PM »

Thanks Ladies, I can't believe the difference already. Almost back to the old me. Feeling guilty for the way I've been, with my kids particularly. But hopefully they won't remember it too much!

vickypk

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 09:58:31 PM »

Glad all going well for you. I feel good on the patches.
It's great to hear positive stories xx