Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: prolapse & inflataball  (Read 5109 times)

Winterose

prolapse & inflataball
« on: January 09, 2017, 03:28:20 PM »

i have full proplapse and have been reluctantly thinking of having surgery ( had hysterectomy 10 yrs ago ) when a lady posted about inflataballs on this site.  Its an inflatable pessary and I can only say its fantastic, it comes out at night and you pop it in in the morning. Once you have worked out the most comfortable position you barely know its there. I doubt I shall now go for surgery as the fear of issues after the op ( I know of 2 ladies who have been left somewhat incontinent ) . You can run, do yoga etc .  If anyone is feeling miserable about your prolapse and a ring pessary doesnt work  give this a try . Thank you so much to whoever posted on this subject as its been life changing.  Thank you ,  :)

Annie0710

Re: prolapse & inflataball
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 07:45:53 PM »

I had total prolapse and opted just for hysterectomy without repair when I was 32 as I'd heard horror stories of repairs not working. Prior to that I had the ring to insert each day, as soon as I crouched or lifted something the blinking thing pinged dislodged

I'm thinking my bowel/bladder are playing up again as I have to manually support when opening bowels, it's like it's not coming down the right route

It's nice to know there's an option other than repair x

Winterose

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 08:26:20 PM »

If I hadnt seen the previous ladies post I would never have investigated, doctor had never heard of them and gynae didnt volunteer any information either , so simple , everything is back in place and so easy to use, the tireder I go the worse the prolapse became and so uncomfortable ,

Yammy1

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 08:40:15 PM »

I had hysterectomy  four and a half years ago because doc said my womb was leaning on bowel and bladder and causing them to prolapse, Am worse now than before.I'm waiting to have of to rebuild pelvic floor and repair bowel< damaged during hysterectomy. not sure now weather to have op as I'm afraid i'll end up worse  :(

Winterose

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 02:49:49 PM »

perhaps you could ask your GP about the inflataball and maybe it will help until you decide what to do.  My surgeon told me just after Id had my op that I would be back within 5 or 6 years as thats what usually happened .  I also wonder why they dont prescribe a pessary for the months after the op to help keep everything in place .  My other query is why when they take away your cervix that they dont attach the vagina to something - no wonder they all prolapse eventually.

Maryjane

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 05:07:09 PM »

Vaginal cuff suspension , is why should be done when having a hysterectomy to avoid vaginal vault prolapse down the line.

For some reason gyneas don't do it , whereas urogynaes do.

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 05:25:23 PM »

I don't know exactly what he did to me all those years ago but he did say he tightened me vaginally.  Ex husband said he didn't notice but there were stitches coming out of the vagina so he did something extra (had vaginal hysterectomy )

X

Maryjane

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 05:28:43 PM »

A cuff suspension is suspended up high so doubt you had that.

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 05:38:48 PM »

Hmmmm no I would've remembered.  I just remember hearing horror stories of repairs so opted out x

Maryjane

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 07:51:10 AM »

Winterose what is the Pessary called please ?

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 08:47:15 AM »

Is this common after hysterectomy Winterose. I think some women think having a hysterectomy will be the end of all their problems!

Hysterectomy leads to further prolapses in quite a high percentage of women. The womb secures the top of the vagina and once it's removed then, eventually, you can develop a vaginal prolapse. The vagina can turn inside out like a sock and then has to be tethered to the backbone. http://www.oxfordgynaecology.com/TabPages/Conditions/VaginalProlapse/Post-Hysterectomy-Vault-Prolapse.htm I was lucky in that this was explained to me by the gynae before my hysterectomy for uterine and bladder prolapse but a lot of women are never told that a hysterectomy can go on to cause all sorts of other problems. Pelvic floor exercises are really important following hysterectomy.

Taz x

Yammy1

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 12:17:12 PM »

Not sure if inflatable could help with my bowel problems?. I really suffer with not being able to control my bowel, hence when I need to go I get no warning and have to go immediately  :'(. I'm 52 and feel like 92, I hav had accidents and not made it too bathroom ( sorry if tmi ), but this is since hysterectomy and is causing a lot of stress and anxiety. I don't really want surgery but I can't live like this , does anyone know if inflatable would help? Doc seems to think bladder and bowel prolapse need surgical repair as well as rebuilding pelvic floor, but also said no guarantee this will help

Winterose

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 01:55:07 PM »

Pessary is by Milex and called Inflataball, they have other pessaries on there, some just for urine leakage.  I went in for Pelvic floor repair but awoke to find Id been given a hysterectomy ( vaginal op) .  Suspect if we were given these pessaries for post op it would help a lot to keep everything in place while healing .  Not sure Yammy if it would help you but I would give it a try - only problem is you dont know what size you need , I would start with a medium and work from there.  If you used lil lets ( and some ofthem were huge ) you can use one of these . I take mine out every night so it doesnt interfere with married life, only in as much as impromptu daytime activity would be an issue  :-*
Certainly wish Id had one a few years ago as things may not have got as bad as they are now.

Winterose

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 01:58:16 PM »

Yammy

Re reading your post, there was something on Womans hour last year about your problem and there is an anal pessary that they mentioned on the programme and the gynae said it should be more widely promoted, check it out , xx

Yammy1

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 01:13:45 AM »

Thank you, I will ask doc next visit