Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New member looking for any help  (Read 3485 times)

Littlebird

New member looking for any help
« on: January 03, 2017, 05:53:34 PM »

Hi I'm 53 started to feel very low anxious more in the last 6 months waje up feeling sad for no reason not sleeping well and have hot flushes on and off. I c ame off mini pill about 3 months ago not had a period since stopping .. been trying herbel releif ginseng and  theanine but not helping. Just off to the doctors tonight hoping to try HRT but not sure what to ask for can anyone help sorry bit late but if anyone around any advise would be good
Thank you

cubagirl

Re: New member looking for any help
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 06:47:07 PM »

Hi there & welcome.

HRT should help with the flushes, so hope you have a sympathetic doctor.  I needed Citalopram for the anxiety.  I'm slowly trying to come off it, but not prepared to give it up completely.  Had anxiety earlier today, so obviously not ready to stop completely.  Let us know how it goes.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 06:53:53 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Make notes!

Some ladies find keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.  Hopefully your GP will be clued up regarding HRT requirements, but many are not so don't feel too despondent!

Let us know what/if you are prescribed.  Herbal/alternatives can help initially but when your own hormones over-take those, any benefits are lost!

Littlebird

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 08:27:22 PM »

Just back.... my doctors check my blood results from October and said ohhh yes menopause and has given me Elleste Duet 2mg planning to start on them tonight .. ,.. did think he might have started me on the 1mg but he said think I need the boost ...What do people think ...X

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 09:24:51 PM »

Some need a lower dose and work upwards, others get on fine !  Keep those notes ;-)

Littlebird

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 10:08:36 PM »

Thanks ladies i will keep a diary good idea

Hope I start to feel better soon :) like  you say change is scary but need to try something.

if anyone is taking Elleste Duet 2mg how are you finding it ..

Thanks

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 10:59:47 PM »

Have bumped threads on this, there are others ;-)

cubagirl

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 11:09:34 PM »

Don't expect overnight success. Takes a while for it to kick in. Fingers crossed for you.  :)

Littlebird

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 07:27:08 AM »

Hi CLKD sorry do you mean  I missed some threads ?.. :) thanks

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 02:18:58 PM »

Hi Littlebird

:welcomemm: from me too! :)

You haven't missed anything - CLKD just did a search for you for other threads about Elleste Duet to help you. You'll see them in the All Things Menopause section and you could go to home page of forum and do a search yourself as well....

I presume you have been given the cyclical type of Elleste Duet, which gives a withdrawal bleed? Hope it works well for you!

Hurdity x

Littlebird

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 06:05:53 PM »

Hi

Thank you so nice having poeple who know more than me.

I've been given 16 orange and 12 grey tablets ..I been reading lots of post but keep feeling might not be the best one to try l know everyone is different think I found one post on mumsnet saying she found it great ... I'm still only learning about HRT  I read a lot about the progestogen in the tablets don't help with low mood which worries me as that's what I am having more problems with....But need it to help the womb ...If you find any info it would be appreciated    x

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 08:37:41 PM »

OK yes that's the cyclical type. I think you can only try it for yourself because everyone reacts differently - the increased oestrogen should help with your mood and you might expect some pms either when you switch to the combi tabs (the grey ones) or just after you switch back. Try them for 3 months and if you feel awful then there are plenty more to try - like Femoston.

Good luck :)

Hurdity x

Littlebird

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 08:59:07 PM »

Thanks again everyone  let's hope its good for me I'll let you know how it goes ..😁

Littlebird

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 05:59:14 PM »

Hi everyone been on Elleste 2mg Duet for 3 weeks now. I'm a lot better but still not 100% ..Just wanted to ask if the progestogen grey tablets are the ones that help with anxious symptoms ...thanks

Hurdity

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2017, 01:14:02 PM »

Hi there - glad to hear you are feeling much better! The tablets with progestogen in them (the second half of the pack) are not normally what would help with anxiety symptoms - in fact for some women they have quite the reverse effect with this particular progestogen. Boosting your oestrogen levels should help with mood ( low oestrogen tends to lead to low mood in many women). At what point in your cycle are you experiencing these symptoms?

HRT is not a quick fix - well it usually is for flushes and sweats and some other symptoms - but some women find the psychological symptoms take longer.  Ideally - provided the HRT suits you, it is best to treat residual hormonal anxiety with a range of strategies  - to reduce stress, keep calm, etc and other lifestyle measures such as improving your diet, cutting down sugars and refined carbs, as well as taking a lot more exercise.

The site "nomorepanic" gives plenty of ideas.

This is a challenging time in you life so important to stay positive and focus on what you can do to reduce anxiety and generally feel as well as you can - given that your hormones are in flux :)

I hope your anxious feelings subside!

Hurdity x

Pages: [1] 2