Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Best Xmas childhood memory  (Read 15258 times)

babyjane

Re: Best Xmas childhood memory
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2016, 05:52:20 PM »

the thick woollen stocking all out of shape with tantilising little presents.  Disappointing when I got to the tangerine in the toe  ;D

And the real silver charms in the christmas pudding  ;D

Annie0710

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2016, 06:25:09 PM »

I never got a stocking 😢

And my dad would only let us open a couple of presents, the rest had to wait til after dinner

I changed that tradition when I became a mum and loved filling their stockings

X

Katejo

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2016, 06:38:15 PM »

I never got a stocking 😢

And my dad would only let us open a couple of presents, the rest had to wait til after dinner

X

Our parents sent us to bed with empty old stockings. I'd wake up in the night and put a hand out to feel whether the full stocking was there. My hand felt something inside and a shiver of excitement went through me. :D Can still feel that when i think about it...

Annie0710

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2016, 06:49:54 PM »

I never got a stocking 😢

X

Our parents sent us to bed with empty old stockings. I'd wake up in the night and put a hand out to feel whether the full stocking was there. My hand felt something inside and a shiver of excitement went through me. :D Can still feel that when i think about it...

That's lovely ! X

babyjane

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2016, 07:18:12 PM »

I remember one christmas I had hung my woolly stocking (one of mum's old ones) on the door knob at the end of my bed.  I woke in the night and it had gone!!!!!!  I called out, crying and I remember my mum coming in followed by my dad to see what all the noise was about.  "My stocking's gone" I bawled.  My mum sat on the end of the bed and told me that it had a little hole in it so she had taken it away to mend it. "After all, we don't want all the toys falling out do we?" she told me.  I was quite happy with this and went back to sleep trusting that she would bring it back when it was mended and santa wouldn't come before she had.  It was full in the morning so I guess she mended it nice and quick  ;D ;)

dulciana

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2016, 08:03:26 PM »

I remember the Christmas when I was seven.  At whatever o'clock, I woke up to see my Dad tip-toeing into our room with two bulging pillow cases, one for me and one for my twin sister.   Although I lay there secretly watching him with one eye shut, the scales dropped from my eyes that night....... :-X

Katejo

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2016, 10:17:50 PM »

I remember the Christmas when I was seven.  At whatever o'clock, I woke up to see my Dad tip-toeing into our room with two bulging pillow cases, one for me and one for my twin sister.   Although I lay there secretly watching him with one eye shut, the scales dropped from my eyes that night....... :-X

I got caught out like that filling my sons stocking. His eyes opened and he stared right at me and said 'it's you isn't it'?
I used to wonder how mum filled the stockings without us waking up. Then it clicked! She filled 4 separate stockings in her bedroom and then swapped them for the empty ones which we had taken to bed. I don't remember actually ever really believing in Santa.

Annie0710

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2016, 10:20:36 PM »

I got caught out like that filling my sons stocking. His eyes opened and he stared right at me and said 'it's you isn't it'?

That's how my daughter found out !
They used to leave their stocking on the outside of their bedroom door as they were scared to see Santa. My ex husband had no input in presents or wrapping them but this particular year he helped fill the stockings and my eldest heard him asking me who's got what in which stocking !
She kept the secret going for her younger brothers

X

Tempest

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2016, 10:48:12 PM »

When Dad used to leave icing sugar footprints by the chimney, and tell us it was Santa.......happy memories.

When my brother spiked Nanna's Advocaat with vodka, and she fell into the Christmas tree and bent in half........Nanna had no memory of this ever having happened. ;D

Annie0710

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2016, 10:57:51 PM »

Oh my days Tempest ! Was Nanna ok ?

I remember I bought my dad a toothbrush one Christmas then my mum told me he had false teeth

X

Tempest

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2016, 11:14:03 PM »

Nanna was fine. Never had Advocaat again strangely, but fine.  ;D

Oh, how your childhood illusions were shattered that Christmas! Wee soul! Finding out Dad's teeth weren't in fact real must have been almost, but not quite, as bad as finding out Santa wasn't real. Which I still personally don't believe....... ;)

Annie0710

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2016, 11:25:35 PM »

It was a shock but since being an adult I do recall vaguely him going to the dentist and being in pain

Trouble is being the youngest of 4 I never quite know if it's my memory or the older ones reminiscing and I picture the scenario lol

X
Pages: 1 2 [3]