Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Almost 4 months, back to being me!  (Read 4066 times)

Charron

Almost 4 months, back to being me!
« on: December 12, 2016, 11:04:57 AM »

Elleste duet for almost 4 months, it's working! I feel back to myself, almost!
It has even helped with my needling the loo 5 times an hour which my sister also suffers with, I'm sleeping at night and don't feel like my body has given up, my aches and pains have gone, I can't believe I feel so much better, I'm only worried now as to how long I can take this for? I'm 50 and scared of going back to how I was, I still have tinnitus but I don't let it get me down, I was very depressed but have been taking some ads for that, all in all I'm like I was before this horrible menopause happened, I know I'm not alone as I have visited this forum and can see how many women suffer, no one I spoke to could understand and I feel they think I'm weak for using hrt but it has totally changed me, thank goodness, please if anyone can tell me how long I'm allowed this hrt I would appreciate it, thank you and merry Xmas xxxx

babyjane

Re: Almost 4 months, back to being me!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 11:12:25 AM »

Hello, I don't use HRT but from various posts I have read around the forum I think the general rule now is that if you are doing well and have no health issues you can ask to stay on it as long as you want to.

There are some very knowledgeable HRT users on the forum and I am sure they will advise you further.  Welcome to the forum.

Charron

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 11:38:38 AM »

Thank you for reply, it's just so many that don't take it inform me that I shouldn't use for too long, but I honestly couldn't cope if I went back to how I was x

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 01:55:49 PM »

Elleste duet for almost 4 months, it's working! I feel back to myself, almost!
It has even helped with my needling the loo 5 times an hour which my sister also suffers with, I'm sleeping at night and don't feel like my body has given up, my aches and pains have gone, I can't believe I feel so much better, I'm only worried now as to how long I can take this for? I'm 50 and scared of going back to how I was, I still have tinnitus but I don't let it get me down, I was very depressed but have been taking some ads for that, all in all I'm like I was before this horrible menopause happened, I know I'm not alone as I have visited this forum and can see how many women suffer, no one I spoke to could understand and I feel they think I'm weak for using hrt but it has totally changed me, thank goodness, please if anyone can tell me how long I'm allowed this hrt I would appreciate it, thank you and merry Xmas xxxx
Just out of interest, which aches/pains did you have before starting HRT? I am not taking any and have a problem in my calves/feet. GP has advised Pilates/see a physio and is generally not a fan of HRT but I am not convinced.

Tempest

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 03:04:52 PM »

I'm so glad you're feeling so much more like your old self, Charron! It's always lovely when someone stops by the tell us all happy news.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 05:04:14 PM »

It's lovely to hear someone who is improving on HRT alongside anti-depressant medication.  Once a regime is found which kind of works, stick with it!  Don't let anyone suggest that you need to stop as recent guidelines suggest that, as long as patients are advised and accept the small risks, ladies should be allowed to continue for ever if necessary!

After all if something ain't broke, don't mend it ;-).

Why do you need to tell anyone?  If a person thinks that I'm 'weak' because I take ADs then they are out of my Life yesterday!!!!  The person who knows about my regime is my GP, my husband is supportive and no-one else matters.

Let us know how you get on.

Blakeygray

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 08:29:21 PM »

Hi Charron

I'm happy to hear that HRT is working for you,  to hell with the naysayers!  There's more than one type and its like manna from heaven when you find the one that works.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 09:07:11 PM »

So pleased to hear hrt is working..I'm hoping to try femoston soon but my doctor first offered me elleste duet...can i ask if you've had and side  effects on it at all even the ones in the first few weeks thank you

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 09:54:12 PM »

Glad to hear you are feeling better Charron and long may it last! Heavens - I hadn't even started HRT until I was almost 4 years older than you and still on it nearly 10 years later. You are still not yet at the average age of menopause so the years from which you count risk (according to the only big study stats we have, and they are flawed) only start at this point anyway as you would still have been having oestrogen naturally until then (51/52). According to the info on this website the benefits exceed the risks between the ages of 50 and 60 anyway, if you are getting symptoms.

Actually you are very strong for using HRT - it takes a strong will and it is a firm decision you have taken - and especially those who stay the course despite side effects because they want to persevere and feel better for many more years - than suffer (or take the wrong treatment), or worse, boast how strong they are for resisting it - pfft to that!

Hurdity x

Tempest

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 10:02:36 AM »

I agree totally, Hurdity! Hrt has many, many benefits and women should be allowed to receive it if they feel good on it for as long as they need it.

For some of us though (and in my case, this has been exceptional) persevering with side effects can be very tricky although this is what I intend to do with help and support.

Just yesterday, I discovered that I have a long undiagnosed mental condition that causes my mood to become very unstable if my estrogen levels are unstable - which makes the ups and downs of starting HRT mentally very difficult to endure so it's not always easy for an exceptional few of us.

Long may you and Charron feel good - it makes me very happy to read when ladies are living their lives to the fullest! :)

Charron

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 04:26:27 PM »

Katejo
I had so many things go wrong within a year! Lost hearing in one ear, got tinnitus, carpool tunnel syndrome, my knees hurt so bad I had trouble climbing stairs, if I sat for longer than 10 mins I had trouble standing, I couldn't sleep, my whole body ached!
The list is so long, the hot flushes I could have dealt with but my ability to remember things was so bad I thought I had mental problems, x

Charron

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2016, 04:31:01 PM »

So pleased to hear hrt is working..I'm hoping to try femoston soon but my doctor first offered me elleste duet...can i ask if you've had and side  effects on it at all even the ones in the first few weeks thank you
I had a few headaches but that could have been anything, honestly I don't think I could have coped with the list of illnesses that I have had in the last year! All have gone except tinnitus which is because I completely lost my hearing in left ear, and I do believe that may have been caused by lack of hormones, x

kenny

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2016, 06:31:25 PM »

Hi Charron, great to hear that your life is where it should be, the way I look at HRT is, there are some risks,, surely living a good life now is worth that risk,, here's to a fab xmas being you and not the person who was not at her best😄X