Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Back Pain  (Read 2160 times)

northwest1965

Back Pain
« on: December 13, 2016, 04:03:19 PM »

I have had back pain mainly in the lower back (sometimes around the kidneys) for about 4 months now.

When it started I went to the GP to test my urine. I was diagnosed with a UTI.

The UTI eventually cleared but I have still got the bad back. It isn't continual but happens most days. It's almost like a burning pain as opposed to a backache.

At the time of the UTI I had ultasounds on kidneys & pelvis to rule out anything sinister. I also had a CA125 blood test done along with other blood tests.

The only thing I am on on is Vagifem. Could my back pain be menopuse related? (I am having a smear next week)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Back Pain
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 04:16:04 PM »

It could well be hormone related.  As oestrogen levels drop off apparently the muscles can become lax = aches and pains.  Does an over-the-counter pain relief ease symptoms?  Were you given ABs for the urine 'infection' which can only be diagnosed if the urine sample is sent to a Lab..

You may require treatment for vaginal atrophy to ease any dryness and bladder irritation which is separately delivered to other HRTs.

northwest1965

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 04:20:45 PM »

It could well be hormone related.  As oestrogen levels drop off apparently the muscles can become lax = aches and pains.  Does an over-the-counter pain relief ease symptoms?  Were you given ABs for the urine 'infection' which can only be diagnosed if the urine sample is sent to a Lab..

You may require treatment for vaginal atrophy to ease any dryness and bladder irritation which is separately delivered to other HRTs.

Most of the time paracetamol helps, doesn't take away the pain completely (neither does Ibuprofen). The pain worries me as it's more a burning back ache going through to my abdomen as opposed to a normal back pain

I had about 6 samples sent away and had to try at least 3 different AB's.

Isn't Vagifem for Vaginal Atrophy?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 04:22:19 PM by northwest1965 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 04:24:37 PM »

Yep - note to self, read *all* the thread  ::), sorry

Did any of the ABs work?  Maybe do a re-load of the Vagifem to see whether that eases some/all of the symptoms?  Some ladies find that they need more than recommended ;-).