Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: Holidays 2017  (Read 65234 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Holidays 2017
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 02:18:07 PM »

GO FOR IT!  If I didn't suffer with anxiety I would be up and at it! 

Do make sure that Passports, Visas etc. and any vaccinations are up to date!!!!

cubagirl

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 04:50:40 PM »

Greyhoundgal, I sympathise with the logistics having done similar 5 years ago to get 7 out to Florida. 4 from here & 3 from Notts.  All meeting in London day before flight out.  Fortunately had a wonderful local travel agent who managed to organise it all for me.  Airline got confused, but we all got there & had adjacent rooms at hotel too. Not sure I could organise as many as you though.  Hopefully when the time comes, you will all have a fabulous time.

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 05:26:03 PM »

As long as everyone has travel details and the address of the location, with mobile phone numbers exchanged: would you buy phones out there, apparently it's cheaper? : you will meet up eventually .......

Making plans for who will pay for stuff is important too: i.e. will each pay for the food/wine and be responsible for the cooking on a certain day?

Katejo

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 11:03:39 PM »

Nice post.  We're going to the Champagne region of France in May, Sicily in June and Australia (Sydney & Gold Coast) to visit our stepson in November.  Holidaying has got to be our favourite thing these days.  Lots of places to go before we get too old to travel x
Have just booked a place on a 1 week Italian course in Bologna in September. Now have to book flights. Am hoping to do an Explore  trip in about May but haven't decided where. Possibly Spain or Portugal or Latvia/Estonia.

breeze

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2017, 11:31:58 PM »

I love Italy.  My favourite holiday destination.

Having 3 nights in Bournemouth, next month, but not sure about a main holiday yet.  Have too much going on this year so may do a 'last minute' in September. :scottie:

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2017, 04:18:15 PM »

Greyhoundgal, I sympathise with the logistics having done similar 5 years ago to get 7 out to Florida. 4 from here & 3 from Notts.  All meeting in London day before flight out.  Fortunately had a wonderful local travel agent who managed to organise it all for me.  Airline got confused, but we all got there & had adjacent rooms at hotel too. Not sure I could organise as many as you though.  Hopefully when the time comes, you will all have a fabulous time.
Thanks - ours will be slightly different.  We're going out for two weeks but the rest of the family is just coming for one week of that.  Obviously the Dutch contingent will be travelling direct from Holland so all we need to do is meet them at the airport, help them with their hire car (already booked) and then get them to follow us to the villa.  My son will come out on that same day although I suspect at a different time but I'll probably just drive out to the airport myself to pick him up when he lands.  Sister & partner will only be able to make a long weekend out there, again, will need meeting at the airport.  At the moment it all seems to be coming together...we'll see.  It will either be totally brilliant or the biggest nightmare ever!

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2017, 04:43:54 PM »

I would love to go to the Italian Lakes  :-\

breeze

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2017, 06:38:50 PM »

They are beautiful.

You could always go in your camper van. 8)

dulciana

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2017, 08:01:02 PM »

Slightly in limbo at the moment because Hubby's just retired and I'm jumping through another hoop in July so we haven't thought about holidays yet. 

Not jumping through the hoop this July, after all, so we may go somewhere.  Decided to jump through hoop next summer, instead......take a longer run at it.......... ::)  I'd really love to go to France, my favourite place after Scotland.  Even if we don't, I can still "go there" in my mind, by listening to Mireille Matthieu on youtube.......formidable! (pronounced the French way)

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2017, 09:43:02 PM »

The camper isn't large enough for me to travel into Europe though many do.  Although my anxiety is less in recent months I think planning would be a step too far. [however, having seen the concept RV released from Plans today ;-) ]

Katejo

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2017, 12:17:33 PM »

Had a day off work yesterday due to working today and booked two holidays!  One is a walking weekend in Whitby for my birthday weekend in March. The other is my main trip of the year to Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. https://www.explore.co.uk/holidays/walking-holiday-in-estonia-latvia-and-lithuania/prices'display=prices    :D Going in May. 1st Explore trip for 3 years. Now need to save more holiday money before booking anything else.

Katejo

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2017, 12:21:04 PM »

I love Italy.  My favourite holiday destination.

Having 3 nights in Bournemouth, next month, but not sure about a main holiday yet.  Have too much going on this year so may do a 'last minute' in September. :scottie:
also one of my favourite/regular destinations. Really want to see Puglia but may have to do a group trip there because it isn't as good for public transport and I don't drive. Maybe in 2018.

Ju Ju

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2017, 01:33:08 PM »

Can't put my head around booking flights yet. We are hoping to go to stay with our son in August in Maine , USA, as our new grandchild is due in July. We stay in a lovely cabin in woods by a lake. I need to get some answers to health issues first. First complete diagnosis and see the consultant next month.

I'm hoping to have a couple of days away somewhere for my birthday. Not too far away and probably including a NT property. Then in June/July we were planning to go to Denmark and Sweden with my DD and family. They are camping, while we plan to hire a RV. (All camped out after camping for 6 months when travelling through NZ and OZ!  :o) Again we will have to wait and see.

babyjane

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2017, 03:32:40 PM »

Ju Ju we are also having a weekend away for my birthday next month as it is a big bithday this time  :)

then we have a holiday booked in June as hubby also has a big birthday in the summer  :)

dulciana

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2017, 03:44:54 PM »

Not sure if this counts as a holiday, but I've got a whistle-stop trip to Norwich in April, for a cathedral-organ-visit day.....will stay with sis and we'll have a Chinese together the evening before. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:47:17 PM by dulciana »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23