Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Sick feeling  (Read 11120 times)

Clare11

Sick feeling
« on: November 14, 2016, 04:15:32 PM »

Hi, I am sure this is not an unusual feeling for those going through the menopause but I am now getting this sick feeling. It doesn't always come at the same time but when it does it's like a wave of nausea. How have others coped with it and wil it go away on its own in due course?
It just seems over the Last few weeks all sorts of problems keep popping up,;
Sickness
Fizzing in the ears
Not feeling like I belong to my body
Light headed
Not sleeping well
Anxiety
Weeping

Will anything else pop and night me?

I have mentioned that I not taking any medication but I do want to feel like I did say 10 months ago.  I am starting to find these feelings very tiring and they play on my mind which makes things worse. Catch 22.
How do you cope?
 :sigh: :sigh:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sick feeling
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 04:38:41 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::)

Eat little and often.  Ginger products can ease symptoms as can over-the-counter anti-travel sickness meds., though these may cause drowsiness  ::)

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 07:11:29 PM »

Hello Clare.

I think a lot of ladies will sympathise with how you are feeling. The range and severity of symptoms always amazes me! I also recognise what you say about how these feelings play on your mind. I am certainly guilty of catastrophising everything. Oddly enough I don't panic about physical illness but I do worry about the emotional effects and of course I panic about being anxious.

Sorry this isn't much help and hopefully some other ladies will be along soon with some proper advice!

Take care.

K.

nearly50

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 07:41:40 PM »

I went through that stage in mornings for a while last year. I found getting some fresh air helped and forcing myself to eat something helped. I try to remind myself that it won't last forever but it is hard when you're in the thick of it

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 08:21:24 PM »

Nausea has always been my worst problem regardless of reasons, it can get me to despair in a matter of moments and then I can't eat at all  :sigh:

Megamind

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 08:47:00 PM »

I have experienced the nausea and it reminds me of the nausea feeling I had during pregnancy. I take an anti histamine which seems to help.

Clare11

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 10:18:15 PM »

:thankyou: :bighug:
Off to the shops for ginger nuts. And re the antihistamine, well used to take that in the summer for hay fever but have stopped and guess what I can't remember feeling sick then. So will get back into those during winter and see if they help. x

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 11:58:55 PM »

Hi, I am sure this is not an unusual feeling for those going through the menopause but I am now getting this sick feeling. It doesn't always come at the same time but when it does it's like a wave of nausea. How have others coped with it and wil it go away on its own in due course?
It just seems over the Last few weeks all sorts of problems keep popping up,;
Sickness
Fizzing in the ears
Not feeling like I belong to my body
Light headed
Not sleeping well
Anxiety
Weeping

Will anything else pop and night me?

I have mentioned that I not taking any medication but I do want to feel like I did say 10 months ago.  I am starting to find these feelings very tiring and they play on my mind which makes things worse. Catch 22.
How do you cope?
 :sigh: :sigh:
I got the sickness in the mornings during Peri  but it fizzled out once my periods stopped.

linz57

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 11:02:34 AM »

I'm well post meno but for the past month have been experiencing feelings like morning sickness, although they can happen any time of day. Even a small beer now makes me queasy. I think it's to do with me chopping and changing my hrt dosage recently, blooming hormones ugh!
I like the idea of antihistamines , thanks for the heads up!

Clare11

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 01:17:51 PM »

Still feeling sick, sick, sick. B***** fed up with it. Think the OH patience is wearing too.
Feel so fed up and down.
At the mo everything I try just doesn't seem to work
 :'(

Megamind

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 02:22:06 PM »

As well as the anti histamine, I also eat a banana every morning. If I wake feeling nauseous, the anti histamine and the banana seem to help. It's definitely hormone related. Have you had children? Does it feel like how morning sickness used to feel as it does for me. I was never sick when pregnant, just used to feel sick and it's the same feeling as now in peri.

Clare11

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 05:04:58 PM »

Thanks to you both. And no, never had children. In fact never really been to Doc's until recently. I hate being prodded and poked, big softie really.
And we will survive the roller coaster ;)
Added antihistamine to my shopping list along with bananas, which I think are good for potassium, which I think is good for you.
x

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 05:07:03 PM »

How do anti-histamines help?

Megamind

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 07:22:18 PM »

How do anti-histamines help?

Anti histamines are also good for people with allergies and not just Hay Fever, which most people associate taking an anti histamine for. I used them early on when I started feeling sick as i thought maybe it was an allergy to what I was eating etc and it always helps but not sure why!

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2016, 08:04:57 PM »

:thankyou:

I have used them to aid sleep.
Pages: [1] 2 3