Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: New to site, 3rd month trialling hrt, not good to date.  (Read 17358 times)

dahliagirl

Re: New to site, 3rd month trialling hrt, not good to date.
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2017, 04:30:28 PM »

Do agree - Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

And there is nothing like pressure to turn you off  ???  Has he read the tips for men?

Do take care and look after yourself. Good food, exercise and sleep routine.  Mindfulness, or a yoga class, or regular time walking the dog out helps.  It is hard to decide if things like are working if you are under pressure.  It will take time - it took a while to get there.

Optimist

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2017, 07:02:21 PM »

Hi and thanks for replying. I do mindfulness few times a day, I go to the gym, run, walk etc. I've got a very stressful job that I'm trying to get under control. Always eaten well, very healthily. I'm getting hot flushes again which I hadn't had to date since trialling hrt, very anxious which isn't helping with the bf situ I suppose. I've not suffered with anxiety before and wonder why this is starting now. I've had a little bit of very light period last night then nothing again just bloated period type pains which I've never suffered with before. Just trying to work out in my head if I've been worse on hrt or not. Not sure what's the matter with me at the moment, not been like this before usually get on with whatever life throws at me. Feel sick to my stomach a lot at the moment. Hoping it will pass. I'm persevering and get what your saying re pinning all my hopes on hrt but thought you were supposed to feel better on it? I've never felt so crap tbh. Sure it'll pass. Thanks for listening and hope you're all okay x

Optimist

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2017, 09:35:27 PM »

Just been reading some posts and wondering if I'm reacting to "coming off" the progesterone phase, as this time last month I had a mini meltdown on way to work and had to come home. Seems to be same time day 5 on oestrogen after progesterone? Anyone know if this is possible? Would be good to know I'm not completely bonkers 😊 X

Hurdity

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2017, 03:52:06 PM »

It may well that you have a reaction to the progesterone withdrawal still after 5 days - the synthetic progestogens stay around in the body for longer than progesterone itself. Provided you feel better again a couple of days later then it is likely to be that I should think - if it occurs at the same time in the cycle.

Hurdity x

Optimist

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2017, 11:47:25 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, it's been an eye opener as started feeling much better again Tuesday day 5/6 on oestrogen. Feel really good still, more energy, happy. Will keep a really close eye, have been keeping a bit of a diary that's how I realised was same time. At least knowing there is a reason behind the madness helps...having never really experienced this before does make you feel slightly bizarre. Thanks for replying and hope you have a good weekend 😊 X

KatyB

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2017, 09:03:43 AM »

Hi Optimist, you hopefully are feeling better now, but your experience of melt down on the progesterone and withdrawal phase does seem to be pretty similar to mine. I've just (on doc's instruction) stopped taking the Femoston in mid pack, and my head feels mine again, and the mad moods and bloating have reduced too. I think the overlay of a fixed dose of hormones on my fluctuating hormones was too much....I'm pretty sure I'll still need HRT but its reassuring to know that I haven't actually turned into this mad blob....its the tablets! And there's 3 pounds weight disappeared in 2 days.....so when I described bloating it really was....

Optimist

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2017, 01:12:03 PM »

Hi all, thanks KatyB...I actually am feeling better overall on the hrt now than before. I'm on my 2nd month of patches near to starting my 3rd and I feel much calmer. My mood swings have almost stopped completely which is ultimately why I started the hrt. It's been a bit of a journey trialling the different types but I'm definitely better on the patches (everol sequi) than I was the on the tablets. Even though I couldn't tolerate the tablet form of norethisterone, on the patches I actually feel better on the dual phase than just on the oestrogen. I do get withdrawal symptoms when I switch from the prog/oestrogen to just the oestrogen but I'm learning to deal with it as overall I'm better on the hrt than I was without. I realise that when I started taking the hrt I was chasing an instant fix but thank god ive listened to you lovely ladies and have given this one time. I feel it's finally working, not perfect and I'm taking vit D and other vits alongside the hrt but feel I'm getting there. I've got lots of stuff going on that I feel the hrt has probably helped me cope with, I don't get so mad, I don't get irritated, no longer tired as sleeping better and feel I have much more energy. I'm starting to really enjoy life again after so long just thinking I was a "freakin head case" as suggested by my ex husband...ps there's always a good reason they're your ex 😬 . I hope others can take some good from my posts (looking back they're so erratic, up and down!!) and give it a really good chance to get into your system and start working its magic ☺️. I fully expect some minor blips but I feel I will deal with them calmly. Have a good week all xx

Hurdity

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2017, 03:34:15 PM »

That's absolutely brilliant news Optimist!! So good to hear that overall you are feeling better and also recognising that there will still be bad days but that on balance the HRT comes out as a plus - probably something in your user name that gives a guide to your outlook too :)

Also very helpful to have posted in the same thread - some members start new threads every time there is something to report on the same original issue - but this does make it hard to advise without having to research - and we are all busy (well some of us  ::) )!

Long may this work for you!

Hurdity x

Optimist

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2017, 09:57:32 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, without you and some of the other women and their comments I would've felt I was going mad!! I have recommended this site to so many people and will continue to do so.
It's not an easy journey this transition and it's good to know there is the support we need out there.
I'll update again another time but in the meantime I'll keep popping on and reading around the site....it's brilliant 😊X

KatyB

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2017, 12:35:14 AM »

Delighted things looking better Optimist - I'm also recommending the site around....

Optimist

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2017, 06:15:48 AM »

Hi ladies it's been a while but wanted to say hi and ask for a bit of advice.
Big hugs firstly to all that are having a bad time...it's pants and so many are struggling, wish I had a wand!!
I've felt really settled on the everol sequi, my moods stabilised completely and I've never felt so calm and my relationship with my 16 year old and my partner had got so much better. Had a lovely holiday (only 5 days) in Tenerife with OH then started vagifem on return due to dryness and rather embarrassing "wet myself" on my jollies!! (Drying my shorts in McDonald's...yep...several in Tenerife)! I've been on oxybutinyn for 3-4 years for bladder urgency which helps but thought I'd give vagifem a go after reading up about it and how this can be affected by low oestrogen levels.
This is where my problems have begun again!
Within 3 days moody, irritable, flashes of anger... thought i'll persevere... dryness stopped, sleeping better at night as not waking for a wee! But...could not reach orgasm with very patient OH, bloated, flatulance (not pleasant)...thought I'll persevere got to week 3 when start x 2 a week after initial loading dose of nightly then very sore breasts, mood swings from hell, hate poor OH, son remarked I was being horrible so have stopped it! Oh also night sweats from hell again.
7 days off and just about to start week 2 of prog/oestrogen patch and mood has calmed completely but have had horrible bleed after practically 6 months of no period (even though on sequi) and still don't want OH near me!
Can anyone help/advise please? What's happened??? I thought I struggled with progesterone (initially) but feel better in that part of the patches than oestrogen alone. Wondering if too much oestrogen???
I have a scan of my overies Monday as consultant wanted a check post 6 months on hrt to see if longtime cysts have grown.
What if they have and the GP says I have to stop HRT?
Feel I'm at risk of pushing OH away too as I'm keeping him at arms length..this time last month couldn't get enough of him??!
Any advice would be very gratefully received from you lovely ladies. I just want to go back to how I was pre vagifem. Have been awake since 4am !!
Have a lovely day xx

dahliagirl

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2017, 11:06:40 AM »

Hi - if you have had no bleed for the last six months, could it be that you were not absorbing enough progestogen from the patch?  That would account for the sudden big bleed.

The vagifem does not absorb much at all and is a tiny amount of oestrogen.  There is a bit more absorption at the beginning if there is a lot of atrophy until the tissues plump up.  Maybe it was enough to tip the balance, but it is unlikely to have been the cause.

It all sounds very frustrating for you, expecially if things were going so well.  >:(

Optimist

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2017, 09:00:13 AM »

Thanks Dhaliagirl. It is frustrating as my doctor said that a few more months period free I could change to the combi Everol which I was looking forward to as I'm much better on the prog/oestrogen weeks of the sequi hrt.
My mood has stabilised again and I can only think its due to not having the vagifem anymore (8 days free) as there was a marked difference. Bloating has gone too but waking at around 4-5 am again every morn!
Should I be speaking to my gp if there's a chance I'm not absorbing enough progesterone?
Must admit was loving not having periods and it does say 15% don't when on sequi?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]