Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Live with a snorer ?!  (Read 17730 times)

Annie0710

Live with a snorer ?!
« on: November 06, 2016, 04:27:41 AM »

It's 04.25 and I've given up trying to sleep through fiancés weird noises and snoring whilst he sleeps soundly

Anyone else suffer ? Apart from suffocating him does any OTC thingy-me-jig Work ?

X

Elizabethrose

Re: Live with a snorer ?!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 08:09:13 AM »

My husband does..... ;)

I live with a man who listens to BBC comedy programmes on his iPhone constantly laughing out loud, who regularly kicks out with his feet viciously at some 'dreamed' assassin, who breathes so deeply it sounds like the soundtrack of a horror movie   :o, who wiggles constantly all through the night, whose legs are constantly moving and jiggling the bed.

We found the  perfect solution....separate bedrooms!!

Hahaha, just read your message Sparkle, 'Dare I ask, is your fiance on the larger side?' Hahaha, you crack me up! :rofl:

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 08:22:38 AM »

Lol

Yes he is a big man! To be fair he's naturally big anyway, tall and muscular and snored then, but now he's even chunkier and yes because of his frame I guess he does have a big neck.  it's not always the typical snoring, he makes funny noises and falls off kerbs constantly in his sleep, he rasps loudly then breaths in my face like a gale force wind but with morning breath lol

It's never been as bad as my ex, I really detested that man during the night as even my pillow would vibrate and my fiancé is always apologetic in the morning

Funny thing is, if he does it on the sofa it evens wakes him up but not in bed, I poke and prod him to change positions but he moves soon after and so it starts again, and fortunately it's not every night, or at least it doesn't wake me every night

X

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 09:32:04 AM »

Record him snoring! Play it back to him! Wake him up with his own snoring!

Communication, respect and caring for each other is key here. No one snores intentionally. It's a matter of looking at solutions that suit you and your situation. My DH snores, though he is not overweight, so weight loss will not help here as it does for many people. We are making use of the spare room and will up grade the bed. We don't want to sleep separately, so start the night together, then one of us can escape if need be. Part of the problem is that I no longer sleep so well anyway, one of my menopausal issues, so disturbances like snoring, DHs restless leg syndrome and restlessness due to back problems have a greater impact on me.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 10:47:43 AM »

Last night I slept with three snorers in the house!

Hubby always snores. Mum  was staying and we have to sleep with doors open when she's here in case she falls and she was snoring her head off.    Just got off to sleep and about 2 am heard son come in and within minutes he was snoring.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 12:08:55 PM »

Haha, if I were you Sparkle, I'd buy those girls of yours bunk beds!

Amidst the total chaos we were in last night where our son had to climb over a pile of furniture to get into a bed and we had to do the same, my hubby looked at me and said, "You'd better not snore!". He then proceeded to do the Fandango for much of the night and snore like a trucker. What was it you said Ju Ju about communication, respect and caring?!!  ::)

cubagirl

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 01:25:06 PM »

I gave up a couple of years ago & took to another bedroom. Used to use sofa if his snoring was bad, but if Im not asleep by time he comes to bed I can forget it! He snores on the sofa, reckon he could snore standing on his head. I don't like sleeping alone, but needs must.

As for recording the decibels, I tried it once & hubby sounded like a pussycat, not the roaring lion which keeps me awake. In fact he can even wake me from other side of the house some nights, he's that loud!!!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 01:38:29 PM »

Haha Cubagirl, my husband says I make noises like no percussion orchestra ever could. On holiday he said he was staring at me in the semi dark trying to work out where the noises actually come from!! Teehee..... in my defence, I only snore when I'm in migraine (though it has to be said, that's pretty frequently!).

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 01:43:15 PM »

Aw you poor ladies !

I take my moan back, he doesn't sound bad now you've all described your hubbys

Although, our shih-zhu kept me awake too, he's snoring sounding like men talking in the house !

X

Ju Ju

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 01:46:31 PM »

Haha, if I were you Sparkle, I'd buy those girls of yours bunk beds!

Amidst the total chaos we were in last night where our son had to climb over a pile of furniture to get into a bed and we had to do the same, my hubby looked at me and said, "You'd better not snore!". He then proceeded to do the Fandango for much of the night and snore like a trucker. What was it you said Ju Ju about communication, respect and caring?!!  ::)

;D perhaps a temper tantrum and feet stamping might be the way to go! Just occasionally I have been known to throw a strop!

And Cubagirl, I wish I could lend you the blue tooth thingy my son gave us last Christmas, then you could ratch up the sound! Wake him up!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 05:05:55 PM »

A good shove in the ribs does it in this house.  Then he grunts and turns over.

Seriously though.  If your OH is over-weight then he is in danger of sleep apnoea which can be fatal.  I used to wake up because my husband had stopped breathing.  Although our GP assured us that he wouldn't die, that he would eventually  :-\ breath, I could never wait so always gave him a shove  ::).

Apparently I've been snoring in recent weeks, Himself had to wake me in the camper …… no way of getting away from me  ;D.  It was since my recent cold and I think I have a small nasal polyp.  He had to wake me in the earlier hours during the week  ::) ……….

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 05:17:21 PM »

Who does the shopping and cooking Sparkle  ;D

cubagirl

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2016, 06:10:32 PM »

My hubby snacks all day too. Though after recent chest infection he has lost some weight. Still snores!  ;D

breeze

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2016, 06:19:12 PM »

I snore :(

Not all the time apparently, but I do have spells when I make the walls rattle.

Come on girls, who else does.  I've owned up, so can you. ;D

cubagirl

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2016, 06:23:38 PM »

Me, or so I've been told. Not sure about making walls rattle. I was cruel when hubby told me. I said "So there is a God!"  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4