Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Does estriol help vaginal dryness and pain 😝  (Read 2879 times)

Suzanne1967

Does estriol help vaginal dryness and pain 😝
« on: November 02, 2016, 11:27:56 PM »

Hi me again .. Listen as I had my smear as well Monday and she nearly killed me 😩😩🙄 I used to so skewed as was practice nurse but bloody hell 5 goes she had ..... Antway she said I was vvvv dry +++ and estriol would help I got it today it's all applied 😉 But does if work ? Is it daily ? As you know oral hrt stopped ASAP as scans biopsies next week but was hoping the scan biopsies won't be as agonising as smear of use this cream nightly ? And keep on it with hrt IF I can go back on it ... Sex ... Ummmmm what's sex no sex 3 years ☹️ As j have just noooooooo libido 😏 I'm only 49 young 49 hub is sooo understanding anyone know anything j can get yo get my libido back 😩😘😘

Tinkerbell

Re: Does estriol help vaginal dryness and pain 😝
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 11:38:26 PM »

Yes the cream will work, do a nightly two week load and then go on a maintenance dose. That is normally 2/3 times a week but I always needed to use it more frequently than that.
 You will need to use it look term, I use Vagifem but that works in the same way and I have resigned myself to lifelong use, can't live with the discomfort of no treatment.

Suzanne1967

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 12:27:16 AM »

Thank you X got it but no instruction 🙄 Hey so sex  post menapause no discomfort whoop whoop 😂😂 just need find my libido 🤔🤔🤔🤔🙄

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 05:59:15 AM »

Estriol is weaker than ovestin or vagifem , so if you don't find an improvement you may nehave d one of the others. I use vagifem 5 times a week plus systemic HRT all for my VA.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 08:26:56 AM »

Just to point out that although estriol cream is weaker weight for weight than Ovestin, the amounts prescribed (using the applicator) deliver the same dose of estriol so in those terms they are the same. Also they are designed to do exactly the same job as Vagifem at approx the same dose (nothwithstanding the reduced dose of Vagifem of 10 mcg from the former 25 mcg!). Estriol binds preferentially to different oestrogen receptors than estradiol (in Vagifem). it is a matter of preference and which one works for you, rather than Vagifem being stronger as such.

Hurdity x

yriches65

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 10:31:23 PM »

Hi There,

Out of interest which Estriol cream were you using and how much ?

Anyone any joy with topical Estriol cream by Emerita ?

Y x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 11:18:43 AM »

Why the HELL did the Nurse continue if after 1 'go' she was unable to access the area  :bang: :bang: :bang:  I would have been on the ceiling  :o

Yes the oestrogen does work for most ladies though some may require added lubricants ..........

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 07:37:41 PM »

yriches65 - this is an old thread so you  may not get a response.

Not sure what you mean by topical estriol cream? The only ones available are estriol (generic) at 0.01 % and Ovestin ( 0.1%). These are listed in vaginal treatments (top menu).

CLKD - as it's an old thread it's a long time since Suzanne's consultation!

Hurdity x