Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeding whilst on HRT  (Read 1943 times)

Janet123

Bleeding whilst on HRT
« on: October 21, 2016, 05:30:35 PM »

Hello, I wonder if anyone else has experienced a similar situation. Here is the background. Mirena Coil fitted after a D&C in c. 1998/9 to prevent re-occurrence of polyps. Early onset menopause in 2000 so went on to Progynova 1mg. Have had two more Mirenas fitted since then, last one in early 2012. Had started having breakthrough symptoms of menopause at that time in 2012, night sweats and unclear thinking so think the Mirena was wearing out. Moved on to Progynova 2mg which seems to prevent menopausal symptoms. At no time throughout these years have I had a period, until this week, the discharge is darkish red. I have also had 4 Migraine Aura episodes this week, hadn't had one of those for some months.

Dancinggirl

Re: Bleeding whilst on HRT
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 08:50:50 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM - it sounds as though you need a new Mirena.  For HRt purposes the Mirena is only for 4 years so it may well be running out of progesterone and this would cause some bleeding especially if you have increased your oestrogen. They may want to do a scan to check the womb lining as well. Pop to the GP for a check up.  Dg x

Janet123

Re: Bleeding whilst on HRT
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 09:21:00 PM »

Many thanks for taking the time to reply DG, much appreciated. I will try and get an appt next week.  :)