Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Tibolone/Livial experiences  (Read 32203 times)

Annie0710

Re: Tibolone/Livial experiences
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2017, 03:27:24 PM »

I was in ovran 30 I think it was called. It was WAY too strong for me, sent me loopy so they put me on trinordial and I was fine x

warwick01

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2017, 04:55:05 PM »

Annie

First one was Eugynon
Second was Microgynon, both made me loopy
Then went on Logynon  and was great for 8 years. When I stopped taking it suffered my first hormone crash GP said it was a nervous breakdown and put me on AD. I wasn't that informed in those days (deep down new it wasn't a mental breakdown)

Wxx

Annie0710

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2017, 05:28:08 PM »

Wow Warwick I count myself lucky.  I don't recall anything happening each time I came off to conceive. 

An interesting thing...... I had lost babies and on my 4th pregnancy my dr said I was bigger than my dates so sent me for a scan.  The sonographer said it was a failed twin pregnancy (one bean had a beating heart but the other sac was empty) but they noticed my uterus was upside down and had a divide down the middle, they recorded their findings as 'failed twin pregnancy and bicornuate uterus'.  I later asked my GP (who was so involved with gynae matters) and she said it's highly likely I ovulate from both ovaries each month as if there's 2 uterus (only one but with this divide) On my 5th pregnancy at 5 weeks I started bleeding, dr came out and said cervix has closed. So I had to go for scan, once again there was the remnants of an empty 2nd sac.  So to my knowledge that was 2 twin pregnancies in 5 . Also my maternal great grandmother had about 4 sets of fraternal twins, so I wonder whether she had this type of uterus

Useless info really but would my hormones have been higher because I ovulated from both ovaries ? I never had pmt or anything each month x

warwick01

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2017, 06:34:41 PM »

Gosh Annie,

Really interesting post - never heard of that before.

Wxx

dangermouse

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2017, 08:03:47 PM »

I think the alcohol effects being worse with HRT are because the HRT is held in the liver, so adding more burden to it makes it throw the hormones into the bloodstream more quickly.

I was much worse with my high oestrogen pill Brevinor with nausea and migraine after drinking but the lower one (Loestrin) made me much more tolerant of alcohol. Good now with progesterone and find red wine affects me better than white and cocktails (like side cars and mojitos) even better even though I'd assume cognac to have more congeners.

The Tibolone sounds good and something I'd consider post meno if needed.

Tempest

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2017, 08:38:58 PM »

Oh wow, Annie! You've had such sadness! You're truly a wee soul!!  :'( :'( :'(  Gynaecology is so complex - I really think the 'experts' are only skimming the surface a lot of the time! Much more research needs to be done into Obstetrics and reproductive health in general (but as it's not a 'male' area of medicine, I am sensing a bias. Hmmmmm)!!!  >:( Twins also run in my family - my Mum was a twin (are you sure we're not....?? Yeah, I know I've been there before. Ha ha)!! ;)

Hi, Dangermouse! That makes perfect sense about the liver/HRT/alcohol! Good thing I'm a lightweight and don't drink. ;)

Annie0710

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2017, 09:10:31 PM »

I've had some problems yes Tempest, but I am lucky too, against the odds I have 3 children and 3 grandchildren :-) x

Tempest

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2017, 09:14:05 PM »

That's truly wonderful! :) :)

I'm very blessed to have my one son too. I had an ectopic pregnancy before him, and was told it was unlikely I would conceive (my other fallopian tube was damaged too due to prior surgery).

Were very blessed Mums, Annie (I'm not a Grandmama yet)!  ;)

Annie0710

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2017, 09:19:16 PM »

Aw absolutely - you'll make a lovely GLAM-MA xx

Tempest

« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2017, 11:29:49 PM »

Bless you heart!! I don't mind being a wee plump bottomed Nana with my tin of home baking to be honest, as long as everyone is healthy and happy.....It'll all be about the little ones then. :) :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]