Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Tibolone/Livial experiences  (Read 32213 times)

Annie0710

Re: Tibolone/Livial experiences
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2017, 05:53:45 PM »

Warwick excellent words of encouragement

Enjoy your night nudge nudge wink wink xxxx

abbyH

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2017, 09:59:21 PM »

Warwick, Marie (Tempest) Good luck to both of you and let us know how you get on.. either here on in PM
I will be asking for it next week - my hairloss has definitely got worse since the op - which makes me think is a hormone prob not so much thyroid, the quality of my hair has declined, as in as got a lot thinner and finer and fly away and has receeded around the  hairline, very classic androgenic symptoms but caused I suspect by inbalance in the two (three!) hormones

I will beg for a trial of T and see if I can join you in the Tibolone Tribe!!

Axx

Tempest

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2017, 10:28:51 PM »

Awww, bless you and thank you Abby!!!  :)

Yes, I think it would very much be worth a go for you!  Especially as you saw some improvement in your hair when you tried estrogen only (even though the other effects were horrid - I know only too well myself)! I think it's balance that we need.....I hope I have good things to report to you although I'm expecting a bumpy ride at first. Warwick  has given us very encouraging  news today - which is probably why she's quiet on here just now.....Ahem!!!  Go, Warwick!!! ;) ;D xxxx

warwick01

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2017, 10:27:00 AM »

Hi

Update from me

Well I had a fantastic evening, for the first time in years I felt like the old me ;)even my hubby commented on how I looked so well. No symptoms........just a glimmer of the old me.

Unfortunatly woke this morning with banging head (3 glasses of prosecco) nausea, flushed and feel really off jelly legs too. But I do find mornings are the worse for me as I feel the Tibolone effect as wore off.

Will keep you updated Wxx

It's still only my third week

Annie0710

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2017, 10:53:21 AM »

When do you take yours Warwick ? Have you experimented on timings ?
I'm getting sooo confused on who is doing what and when lol

X

Tempest

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2017, 11:05:04 AM »

That's brilliant, Warwick!!! :) :) :)

I've joined you all today and taken my first tablet at 9.30 am. I reduced to 1 pump of gel last night and even felt better after doing that but a 'hormone crash' is always a big worry for me so I didn't sleep very well last night. :o

I'm sure today is going to be very up and down as the gel leaves my system, so we'll see! xxxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2017, 11:20:51 AM »

Good luck honey!
We're here for you holding your hand 😘 Xx

Tempest

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2017, 11:27:24 AM »

Thank you so very much, Annie! That really does mean a lot. Hubby is working the weekend and not off until Tuesday so it's wonderful knowing you're all here! :) :)xxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2017, 11:43:20 AM »

Seriously, I'm not going anywhere this weekend so I'm here for you xxxx

Tempest

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2017, 12:03:33 PM »

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

warwick01

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2017, 04:55:29 PM »

Me too Tempest

Your not alone ;)

Not a good for me today but onwards and upwards

Wxx

Blakeygray

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2017, 05:07:25 PM »

Well I've only good things things to say about Tibolone and I've noticed that my hair is growing thicker and faster too. But yes it is about balance and whereas my mood, temperament and general sense of well being is good,  I need testosterone for my libido and have had to source and buy it myself.

So I hope it works for those of you who are starting out, hopefully you should see an improvement in a couple of weeks.

The only downside to Tib is that is lowers your ability to handle your vino. I've got bottles of, Asti, Prosecco and other wines untouched,  that would have been finished weeks ago normally.

Annie0710

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2017, 05:12:28 PM »

Good on you BG

I wonder what Bacardi or Baileys will do to me ? I'll let you all know when I next try it

X

Tempest

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2017, 05:17:41 PM »

Thanks so much, Warwick!

Blakeygrey, I'd just be happy if it WORKS and I don't go bonkers on it! I haven't drunk in oooh.......how long! So it's not an issue for me!  ;)

Hurdity

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2017, 05:35:35 PM »

Well I had a fantastic evening, for the first time in years I felt like the old me ;)even my hubby commented on how I looked so well. No symptoms........just a glimmer of the old me.

Unfortunatly woke this morning with banging head (3 glasses of prosecco) nausea, flushed and feel really off jelly legs too. But I do find mornings are the worse for me as I feel the Tibolone effect as wore off.

warwick! 3 glasses of proesecco  :o. No wonder you had a hangover!!! Many of us experienced decreased tolerance of alcohol as we became peri-menopausal and especially if taking HRT. I noticed this and later it was worse on the progestogen part of HRT. I would manage alcohol consumption very carefully!

For the record - and I've posted about this before, if I am drinking wine or prosecco I only drink it early in the evening and with food. If I go out for a meal that's fine too. However I always drink at least twice as much water as wine and all the time I am drinking the wine I am drinking water. I stop drinking wine etc approx by 9 as if the effects of alcohol have not worn off by the time I go to bed then I could wake with a migraine which then lasts for 3 days! If I'm out for a meal I find finishing the meal with an espresso also helps (prevent the migraine), and then going to bed with a paracetamol if I think I've had slightly more or slightly later than I usually do. So far this has worked and haven't had an alcohol induced migraine for ages! Bit off topic but you mentioned it warwick and as I enjoy a drink or two (dry January excepted) thought this might be helpful - to you or anyone else  :).

Glad you are feeling better generally though  ::)

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5