Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Taken Off Vagifem  (Read 21895 times)

Lynne888

Re: Taken Off Vagifem
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2016, 09:24:03 AM »

I've no doubt that she marked it as non urgent as when I first went to see her she wasn't too concerned at all due to my IBS flare. As I mentioned, she didn't even refer me but then changed her mind. I've got piles and they are a bit nagging at the moment so I don't know what to think but it's all been a bit unpleasant with a change of bowel habits too so I'm naturally worried. 

dahliagirl

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2016, 09:40:51 AM »

Of course you are worried - you tick the boxes for a couple of red flag symptoms, so you should be seen, even if it turns out to be 'only' piles.  It is definitely worth getting any polyps removed too.

A 'new episode' should be enough to stir their stumps.  Keeping everything crossed that they will do what they are supposed to do.

Lynne888

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2016, 05:03:29 PM »

Yes I'm more worried now than I was since reading stuff on here to be honest :(  I'll see how it goes.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2016, 06:15:58 PM »

It could be owt or nowt  ::) - let us know how you get on? 

Lynne888

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2016, 09:13:06 AM »

I've been to see my GP. She has changed the referral regarding my rectal bleeding to an Emergency. I still couldn't get to go private. I asked 3 times and she said that there was no need as the appointment would be through quickly. I told her I was terrified and wanted to go ASAP but absolutely no moving her at all.  I'm hoping the appt will be through within 2 weeks as suggested on the NHS website.  I felt really ill a few months ago and had a vitamin B12 blood test which came back as a folic acid deficiency. I see online that this can also be cancer related so there are a couple of things missed over 5 months here.  I'm frightened and angry.

Annie0710

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2016, 09:34:46 AM »

Good luck Lynne

I know from personal experience (breast lump and query of ovaries) that an emergency will be seen within 2 weeks plus in my 30s I worked for NHS and saw their stance on this.  Fingers crossed its nothing bad for you but I'm confident you'll be seen within 2 weeks

X

ancient runner

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2016, 11:40:54 AM »

Don't want to hijack Lynne's thread (fingers crossed for you) but I've had the Bowel Scope thing this week - sounds like not everyone's taking it up. It was fine - if you're offered, do take it.

dahliagirl

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2016, 11:52:59 AM »

I am glad you had a good experience, Ancient runner.

I only found out about it recently and was a bit surprised  :o and not very keen on yet another uncomfortable screening procedure.  It is, however, a one off, so you do not get nagging letters every three years like the others.

It would be good if you could opt for the full colonoscopy straight away - I have had constipation for as long as I can remember, and it is never taken seriously and it would be good to have a proper check to see if there is any damage/diverticules before they cause problems.

ancient runner

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2016, 01:05:33 PM »

It was surprisingly OK Dahliagirl - a bit of pain when they stick a lot of gas into you but otherwise fine. You have to self-administer an enema an hour before hand which is, um, interesting but straightforward. Compared to endoscopy to check for coeliac disease this was positively pleasant...

dahliagirl

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2016, 03:00:21 PM »

I am not sure an enema would be enough for me  ;D  But I am sure they know best  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2016, 06:08:24 PM »

I've been to see my GP. She has changed the referral regarding my rectal bleeding to an Emergency. I still couldn't get to go private. I asked 3 times and she said that there was no need as the appointment would be through quickly. I told her I was terrified and wanted to go ASAP but absolutely no moving her at all.  I'm hoping the appt will be through within 2 weeks as suggested on the NHS website.  I felt really ill a few months ago and had a vitamin B12 blood test which came back as a folic acid deficiency. I see online that this can also be cancer related so there are a couple of things missed over 5 months here.  I'm frightened and angry.

So glad you went back and now have an appointment. Of course it will be a worrying time for you, but let's hope for good news and that the bleeding is in connection with your piles that you mentioned?

Please keep us in touch and wishing you the very best

:bighug:

Hurdity x

Lynne888

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2016, 12:35:19 PM »

Some of you asked for an update on my rectal bleeding.  I got a consultant appointment within a few days once I had been back to see my GP. He arranged a colonoscopy about 10 days later. The pain was horrific and I actually couldn't go thorough with it fully. In the bit of colon they managed to do, they found a very large polyp. Biopsies were taken. I was then booked for a CT and MRI scan. This worried me as most things I'd read said a CT scan was done if a colonoscopy didn't work, but there was no mention of MRI so my head has been all over the place. Both scans were booked at different hospitals last Thursday. The CT was fine but I couldn't manage the MRI. I feel so silly and I really tried my best telling myself it was a case of life or death but I had a panic attack and I felt so squashed in and claustrophobic I couldn't breathe. They DO have an open MRI not too far away which I hoped, if needed, I could go for.  In the meantime, I have received a phone call today asking me to go and see the consultant at 9 in the morning which again has made me fear the worst.  Why wold he want to see me immediately? I know, best case scenario, I had to have the polyp removed as the doctor told me that on the day of the colonoscopy ,but they wouldn't send for me immediately if that is all that was wrong.  Added to everything, the doctor who did the colonoscopy felt that the reason it was so painful was because there was a blockage above. So I will know my fate tomorrow.

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2016, 01:15:27 PM »

Tension.  Anxiety.  Worry - can all cause the spincter muscles to tighten.  Take someone with you as well as a list of your worries.  It may be that the Consultant has time to see you B4 he goes on holiday etc..  It may be that he can arrange for an open MRI if necessary or he may want to see you 'early' to put your mind at rest.

Do let us know!  It will be a long day  :-\

:bighug:

Lynne888

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2016, 02:32:12 PM »

Thanks CLKD. The consultant is the one I saw at my first appointment not the one who did the colonoscopy. It's the one who made the colonoscopy appointment for me that I  have to go back and see.  You are right though, I can think of nothing else and I'm so afraid of something I don't know I have yet.  I will of course let you know and thanks for replying.

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2016, 02:55:51 PM »

This too will pass.  Make that list! ;-)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6