Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Taken Off Vagifem  (Read 21889 times)

Menomale

Re: Taken Off Vagifem
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2017, 03:00:49 PM »

Hi Lynne888,

Sending you many hugs. I'm Brazilian, not familiar with your NHS, why can't you get a GP appt??? Do the MRI asap. I hope it will get you some relief!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2017, 03:09:16 PM »

Lynne888 - So sorry to hear your news. Are you able to see a different GP or even move to a different GP practise? It sounds to me as though you are not getting the support you need. Perhaps a letter to your health authority?
You really shouldn't be having to buy the Vagifem online - the NICE guidelines clearly state that ongoing treatment with local oestrogen is often necessary to prevent urogenital atrophy and the GPs should be following these guidelines.

I do hope you get good treatment for this cancer - they should be able to give you something to help you relax when having the MRI. Treatment for bowel cancer is generally very good these days and I know quite a few people who have had bowel cancer and are doing really well after treatment.  It is still very frightening for you - I hope you have been assigned a support nurse to help explain everything.  Do keep us posted. DG xxxxxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2017, 05:45:38 PM »

Oh Lynne888 - I am so sorry to hear about your news of bowel cancer - which is exactly why we said you should have been referred urgently  in the first place. I do wish you all the best with your MRI scan and hopefully it will just be in the polyp. A woman I know of my age also had this recently and went through treatment - and is now successfully cured and back at work.

I would actually book an urgent GP appointment and insist on the Vagifem - you absolutely do not have to buy it online. If necessary with a different GP or the nurse practitioner if she can prescribe it.

Take care  :hug:

Hurdity xx

ariadne

« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2017, 07:48:50 PM »

Lynne88 I don't post much but just wanted to say I'm sorry to read about your diagnosis and wish you all the best with your treatment

Ariadne xx

ancient runner

« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2017, 08:05:46 PM »

Oh goodness Lynne, I was wondering the other day how you were getting on.
As Hurdity says, it could well just be in the polyp so fingers crossed for that.
On the rest of it: your practice sounds very unhelpful. Could you go in and talk to the receptionist and explain that you need medication to get through the MRI and also need to see a nurse/GP to get (officially) back on the Vagifem? Not sure if there isn't grounds for a complaint actually given the doc was so dreadful about your red flag symptoms. Could you move? Is it worth talking to your local medical board (not sure how the system works in Wales) about what's happened and the poor treatment you've had, to get moved?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2017, 10:07:20 PM »

Remember : it is the POLYP that is cancerous.  Hopefully this means no spread and that it has been removed completely.  Scans etc. are to check re signs of spread so that appropriate treatment: if required: can be given.

Is there a specific cancer nurse you could talk with?  You can ring the the Dept. to find out, or contact one of the UK Charities that support cancer patients?

Lynne888

« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2017, 10:15:23 PM »

Thank you all for your kind comments. I'm struggling to be positive but I think it's just because I'm shocked after being told I was cancer free.  CLKD... Yes the polyp is cancerous, they are checking to see if it has spread.  The CT scan and the colonography didn't pick anything up but the doctor said he needs an MRI to check as the polyp wasn't shown to be cancerous on the CT scans either.  I'll try my best with the MRI this time. I'm worried, frightened, can't sleep etc.  I'm afraid of chemo if I have to have it. You read such terrible things. I even read that it kills 50% of people who have it. I know I'm just panicking. I'm sure I'll talk some sense into myself in a few days when I've got used to the shock!  I'm hoping the cancer was contained. I was given the number of the cancer nurse. I rang her and she was helpful.  She said it might take a few weeks for the MRI appt to come through and for the results to be back but there was no rush so it DID make me feel that I wasn't going to die any day soon!!  Thank you SLKD, you are always reassuring. xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2017, 10:57:26 PM »

Lynne888 - Please don't be frightened if you have to have chemo - I know at least 5 people who have had quite extensive chemo  fro various cancers including bowel cancer and have done absolutely fine.  They can give things to reduce the side effects these days.  Do ask for something to relax you when you have the MRI/CT scan - your GP may be able to give you this or talk to the department doing the scan beforehand and they may be able to help. 
If they are not rushing your through these tests then that is a good sign.
Please start a fresh thread on the ‘Other Health' section' so more ladies can support you - I'm sure there are others out there who have had bowel cancer issues and may be able to offer some help and support. DG xxxxxx

Jenna

« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2017, 08:39:49 AM »

I am so sorry to hear your news Lynne - I can totally understand why you are so shocked. Please ask for some medication to get you through the MRI and I hope the results will bring good news for you. Thinking of you and wishing you all the very best. xxx

Lynne888

« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2017, 10:14:09 AM »

Thank you so much for your kind and supportive messages. You have no idea how much I appreciate them :)   xx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]