Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Advice after stopping HRT  (Read 1766 times)

Chi chi

Advice after stopping HRT
« on: September 23, 2016, 08:40:14 PM »

So I've stopped my HRT, haven't had any since Sunday last week. I started a bleed (heavy) on Wednesday and been feeling tired. Today I woke with really bad lower backache, I've had mild tummy ache too but nothing major. I've also had a horrible headache the last couple of days with today being the worst! Almost like a sinus headache.
With this being a withdrawl bleed is it possible to suffer the same emotional/physical symptoms as a period? Or could this be estrogen withdrawal and should I have just stopped or tapered off?

Dancinggirl

Re: Advice after stopping HRT
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 09:02:05 PM »

Hi Chi Chi - these are the symptoms I get when I stop HRT - it will settle over the next couple of days.  Just try to rest and relax.  DG x

Chi chi

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 02:59:25 PM »

Thanks DG X
Bloody headaches still lingering and I had a scary dizzy moment earlier too  ???  :-\

Considering going back on the oestrogel but at 2 pumps ( half the dose I was on ) and gently tapering off??

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 03:27:57 PM »

I wouldn't bother to be honest - you would only have to use some progesterone to induce a bleed again.  I bet in a couple of days you'll feel better - the body has to adjust one way or another. DG x