Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: First post  (Read 1594 times)

Sharrock51

First post
« on: September 13, 2016, 07:40:46 PM »

Hi all, just joined the forum and so glad Ive found you all, for a while thought I was in this alone, my none suffering friends were, I know getting tired of my constant cancellations and moaning about my condition.  I'm basically still in shock about how this menopause has totally affected my whole life in a way I never thought possible.  I've gone from being a crazy mad fitness freak, running, cycling, hill walking living life to the full to within two years, an almost wreck.  I have constant back, hip, neck ache, I'm so tired, can't get enough sleep, can't stay out late anymore, migraines, constant headaches and lethargy.  Not on any HRT yet but at the point of I will try anything to get back to some form of normality.   >:(  Im now on Gaberpentin, Zolmitroptan, all for migraines, take ibroprofen for backache, and a bucket load of paracetamol just for constant aches and pains.  I feel a wreck and long for my old life, if this is the golden middle ages I hate it.  Please give me some hope that all this will come to an end.  Is HRT a viable option?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: First post
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 08:04:24 PM »

Yep - it's an option.   :welcomemm:

Browse round.  Make notes.  As oestrogen levels drop so muscles become lax …… = aches and pains!

How old are you?  HRT can protect heart and bones, can ease any flushing ……….. it's not called 'the change' for nowt!