Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Tranaxamic acid and femoston advice  (Read 2188 times)

riverrunsfree

Tranaxamic acid and femoston advice
« on: September 12, 2016, 10:08:10 PM »

Am currently on Femoston 1/10 and wondered if it still safe to use tranaxamic acid if my bleed is very heavy. Does anyone know? Am worried in case it is as heavy as before (I was only having periods once every four months which was why the flow was huge) I have been checked for fibroids etc and all normal..just terrified of being at work and having the flow be unmanagable. Just strated Femoston.

I have only just recovered from anaemia bought on by heavy flow of six months ago.

Any advice?

Thankyou Riverrunsfreexxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tranaxamic acid and femoston advice
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 10:18:20 PM »

Maybe contact a Pharmacist in the morning?

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 10:26:20 PM »

What did your doctor say when prescribing it? Surely you would not have been prescribed both if there was a negative interaction?

Hurdity x

riverrunsfree

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 10:29:46 PM »

Doctor prescribed Femoston later...mmm probably need to ring doctors to advice for advice as pharmacist didnt know. Thank you for responding. xxxx

Lizab

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 02:21:10 AM »

I would check with the doctor or pharmacist. I had the same prescribed for heavy bleeding, though never used it, before being prescribed hrt. I feel like I have seen a contraindication listed somewhere, either the papers that came with the transexamic acid or with my hrt. One thing you could do for your first bleed on hrt is rake ibuprofen. I was able to reduce my heavy bleeds to manageable with starting ibuprofen at the first sign of a period and staying on it for a few days. I wouldn't expect the heaviness to continue once you are well on the hrt if it's giving you monthly bleeds. But you never know, mine at their worst were every month.

Binbon2

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 06:54:49 AM »

I don't know about Femoston, but I currently use tranexamic acid with Estelle duet HRT. Hope that you get some answers from your GP

riverrunsfree

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 09:54:04 PM »

Thanks Binbon2 And Lizab ..really helpful..will ring doc to find out for surexxxx