Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Progesterone question  (Read 1458 times)

Dollydream

Progesterone question
« on: September 12, 2016, 03:16:45 PM »

Hi Ladies

I'm taking my 4th packet of Femoston 1/10 and so far, for the aches and pains and hot flushes it has been good.  However, I've noticed that when I'm on the oestrogen only tablets I'm not feeling as good.  During the period week I start feeling light headed and spaced out which I put down to perhaps being a little anaemic because of the blood loss.  But this feeling continues on until I start the progesterone phase and then I start to feel fine again.

I'm 51 and was put on Kliofem continuous originally which I tried for 5 months and although I felt fine, it gave me long spells of bleeding which I couldn't put up with.  Before I started continuous I hadn't gone a full year without a period so I suggested the sequi so I could have a scheduled period and my GP obliged.

So it seems, I am better with progesterone - I took cerazette for years and it suited me well.  Anyone got any suggestions?  I'm thinking about the Mirena coil maybe.

Thanks
DollyD x

Dancinggirl

Re: Progesterone question
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 05:10:43 PM »

Yep, the Mirena would be your best option. This would give a very low dose of progesterone directly to where it is needed and this would be continuous - you would probably find you get little or no bleeding after the first few weeks.
You would then just use oestrogen as either pills, patch of gel alongside to control al the flushes etc.  DG x

Dollydream

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 05:19:29 PM »

Thanks DG, do you know what the situation is with getting the Mirena fitted.  Would I have to stop taking the femoston sequi and have a break first?

DollyD

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 09:23:43 PM »

No, you should be able to have the Mirena fitted and then just switch to oestrogen only as pills, patch or gel.  Dg x