Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Can increased estrogen do this?  (Read 2283 times)

pepperminty

Can increased estrogen do this?
« on: September 10, 2016, 06:31:59 AM »

Hi ladies,

I forgot to take my oestrogen only tablet( I am at day 6 of my tablet pack on the oestrogen bit), so I took it the next morning, I am also taking an extra half of an oestrogen tablet every other day throughout my cycle. I took the next tablet last thing that night.
 So in that day I took (Femeston 1/10) -  1 and half tablets 7 am and 1 tablet 10pm. I wasn't concerned about doing this as it is only a bit extra oestrogen for 1 day.

For 2 months now I have been experiencing painful ankles - well. just above my ankles at the back like I have been doing hours of exercise and they have seized up forcing me to hobble every day when I get up. This wear off after a bit, but is still debilitating . I am 49.

This morning is the first morning where I haven't had the pain !!
My question is - could this be due to the increase in oestrogen? Or is the lack of pain a coincidence?

Pepperminty

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Can increased estrogen do this?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 02:21:46 PM »

I would think it's the increase!

Funny that, my left leg aches or nips intermittently today, probably lack of exercise in my case - from the front of the shin or around the ankle bone  >:(

meno lesley

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 10:23:23 PM »

Have had awful ankle pain just as you have described but can't work out if it is low estrogen or an imbalance in hormones as it comes and goes.

Lesley

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 03:14:14 PM »

Thanks ladies,

I suppose it may be a surge that made the difference.

I am feeling very tired and have dark circles under my eyes again which are the symptoms I suffered with a year ago. It doesn't make any difference how much I sleep or how much exercise I do or don't do . I take vitamins etc and relax when I need to.
I don't know what I should do. All I seem to want to do is sleep and rest as I am so exhausted I can't think straight.
Work is fine , home life is good.

Pepperminty

Tempest

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 04:49:38 PM »

I can vouch for low estrogen! I went 17 months post oopherectomy without hormones, and let me tell you that I felt as if I had been beaten with a baseball bat! My levels were non existent (and pretty much still are right now - just started low dose HRT).

Hormones!!!!!! Can't live with em, can't live without em!!! :-\

pepperminty

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 06:12:40 AM »

Hi Tempest,

thanks, I wonder if I should get my hormone levels tested again as I am feeling so exhausted. I have started feeling so rough again and a bit teary as I did before I started HRT.

Pepperminty x