Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Newbie on here  (Read 1491 times)

meja40

Newbie on here
« on: September 06, 2016, 11:35:52 AM »

Hi everyone,

My first post and looking for help.

I had a hysterectomy (ovaries left) nearly 14 yrs ago (aged 32), I feel I have probably been menopausal for a few years now and have just grinned and got on with it, but it came to a point that it is now unbearable. Saw GP last week, blood test - FSH came back as 95 and because I feel like I have every symptom and desperate to feel better, I started Elleste Solo 1mg tablets 6 days ago.

Question is - WHEN should I start to feel better? I feel no different. Exhausted due to lack of sleep and night sweats, headaches probably due to lack of sleep and hormones, sore joints, mood up and down, brain feels like cotton wool sometimes. I thought I would be starting to feel better by now.

Can anyone suggest maybe vitamins I could be taking too?

With thanks in advance

M

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie on here
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 12:36:01 PM »

:welcomemm:  although we all want a 'cure' yesterday  ::), because hormone levels have been gradually decreasing, it will take a while for any HRT to feel beneficial.  Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary, can help to chart how we R feeling.

Browse round.  Ask away.

Dancinggirl

Re: Newbie on here
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 01:49:53 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Meja40
If your oestrogen levels are very low - which they may well be - then it may take 3-6 months for you to really feel back on form.  Oestrogen pills can take longer to work and 1mg is probably too low a dose in the first place - but this may be ok for now.  In the next 2-6 weeks you should start to feel the benefits.  Patches or Oestrogel can be more effective but see how you get on with the pills.  You do need this oestrogen to protect your heart and bones for the  long term.
You may have been low on oestrogen for some time so i would ask for a bone scan just in case.  Make sure your diet is rich in calcium and possibly add in some Omega 3, Vitamin D and Magnesium to really support your bones and joints.  Feroglobin is a good supplement to tackle fatigue - with iron, B12 etc. - might be worth taking for a while till the oestrogen does it's magic and helps you get your life back.  Eating well is vital - so supplements shouldn't really be necessary all the time.  The one thing we all should be taking is Vitamin D through winter months - even year round if you don't get much sunshine.     
I bet you start to feel better within the next 2-4 weeks - do keep us posted.  DG x