Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hi, New to this site  (Read 1842 times)

Debs165

Hi, New to this site
« on: August 29, 2016, 12:06:53 PM »

Hi all

Well first time on a forum and after reading lots of peoples experiences it made me want to join asap!

I seem to have confused my GP and I am not too sure she knows where or what to do next with me...I am also under a hormone consultant and I think he is getting to a stage where he has tried most things!

I get tingling in my arms and sometimes my legs too, although this seems to mainly be on just one side (left), the feeling of detachment and at times wooziness, get really emotional and frustrated over the slightest things, get rapid heartbeats and the feeling of occasional missed / added beats, breathing seems to go funny at times and especially at night when trying to sleep, like a catching of the breath and then this scares me so I end up not sleeping and reading until i fall asleep out of total exhaustion. The most worrying symptom for me is the palpitations as this comes on so randomly and for no reason and then this makes feel out of sorts for the rest of the day.  I am convinced that there is something that has been missed and this is totally controlling my life, I used to be so active and did loads of exercise and yet now I hardly do anything and have put on about 2 stone in weight.

I am on medication of microvascular angina although this is not confirmed as there are no test that are sensitive enough to pick it up, but because I was getting chest pain etc my consultant thinks that it could be this and have been on this medication for the last 2 years.  I had an abnormal 24 hour heart monitor result about 3 years ago and then had various tests for the heart which all came back clear.

There is so much more I can say but I expect I have waffled on for way too long! and the list of different symptoms I get is so confusing that I don't know where to turn next. I started HRT tablets about 5 weeks ago.

Debby

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi, New to this site
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 03:06:37 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Make notes!

Maybe it's time for a 24 hour monitor again?
Who put you onto HRT?
Are you eating enough salt as low levels can cause tingling.
Have you tried relaxation therapy B4 you go to bed?

I'm sure someone will be along ………..

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 03:37:36 PM »

Debs165 - welcome to MM
What you are describing sounds very typical for peri menopause.  You don't say how old you are or what is going on with your periods????

Unfortunately it is very easy to get caught up in all these strange ‘happenings' that occur when menopause starts and therefore believe something terrible is going on. Palpations are very common and quite normal in peri and post meno - the strange tingling and surges through body, that often happen in bed at night, are also common. I doubt there is anything really wrong - you simply need to get your hormones in balance.  It is often trial and error to find the right HRT and dosage to control all the symptoms but be patient - you should find something that works for you.
Do read up all the info on this site to get clued up.
Do tell us what HRT you have been given and whether you are feeling any improvements yet?  Dg x

Debs165

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 03:49:16 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl

Thank you for the welcome  :) :)
I am 51 and my periods used to be so regular, could guarantee every 4 weeks but for the last 6 months or so they have been varied, could be 3 weeks or 6+ weeks but I am still having periods.
I am currently on Femoston 1/10 and at the moment I don't feel like there is any improvement but was told to give it at least 3 months to see if it helps so here's hoping!

The info on this site is fab and really useful. Deb x

Debs165

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 03:53:41 PM »

Hi CLKD

My consultant put me HRT to see if this would help any of the symptoms, so am hoping that over time this will help.  I was advised by a cardiologist to increase my salt intake which I have done and have also had two 24 hour heart monitors and two 7 day heart monitors which came back ok, am at a total loss  :(  Great that they came back ok but I still continue to get the symptoms..
Debs

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 05:07:13 PM »

Hi Debs165 - Femoston is a good one to try - this has a kinder progesterone and suits many women very well.
It does take up to 3-6 months for the HRt to work it's magic but in the mean time I would concentrate on getting your diet and exercise regime up to scratch and do practise some Mindful Meditation to help sooth the anxiety and help you get off to sleep.  Do try a few squirts of Magnesium spray - I have found it helps those dreadful surges and aids sleep. I bet you start to feel better in the next 3-6 weeks - you are on the right track.  Keep us posted. 
Dg x

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 06:12:43 PM »

Hi Debs165

I can't add anything to what's already been said but just wanted to say  :welcomemm:

Hurdity x

Debs165

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 06:25:48 PM »

Hi Hurdity

Thank you for the welcome and am so glad that I joined  :) :)
Debs x

Debs165

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 06:36:55 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl

Thanks for all this advice it is really helpful  :)

I know that I need to get back into exercise but I am really struggling, some days I feel I can take on the world and other days just want to hide under the duvet.

Am eating a lot healthier and will look at Mindfullness courses.

Thanks again x

Debs165

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 06:43:58 PM »

Hi Menomale

Thank you for the welcome  :)

Yep as soon as I get a racing heart the anxiety kicks in big time, I try and calm myself down but everything feels like it is going out of control and I also use the loo all the time too...I feel like I am going crazy at times and when I go to the GP she always hints at anxiety and to try mindfullness.  All blood tests have come back normal too which is good  :)

Debs x