Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: ***I've Got My HRT Back***  (Read 11171 times)

Joyce

Re: ***I've Got My HRT Back***
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2016, 10:27:20 AM »

My GP certainly seems to have his head screwed on the right way. I'd been having problems with dizziness & funny turns, I'd had them a few years back too. Was told it was stress back then. This GP twigged & said try taking lower dose of BP tablets & see what happens. Dizziness & funny turns slowly went away & my BP is doing OK too, though I've to keep an eye on it just in case.

So as long as my body behaves itself, doctor happy for me to stay on HRT. I'm on a very low dose nowadays.  :banana:

Tempest

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2016, 11:15:15 AM »

That's great, Cubagirl! I hope you don't mind me asking, but what is your dose these days? I just need some encouragement of what is achievable after TAH/BSO. I'm on a low dose of Premarin 0.3mg at the moment as I'm just trying to start HRT. Id rather be on transdermal but it's a case of getting HRT into my body at a steady level at the moment.

Joyce

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2016, 04:05:33 PM »

I'm using estradot 25mg patches, cut in half. Get odd flush but I'm coping on 12.5 twice a week.

Taz2

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2016, 06:16:31 PM »

That's good CG. Do you find that it keeps all of the symptoms at bay mostly? I can't imagine being able to function on such a low dose.

Taz x

Michelle46

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2016, 08:11:47 PM »

Hello everyone
Has anyone else got on better with the gel than the patches? I changed to gel 4 weeks ago from Evorel 50 patches . I'm sure the gel is working better. The only thing is when I'm on the utrogestan for 10 days I feel horrible (all wired up). I take the utrogestan orally. Anyone got any stories on the gel. Oh by the way I use one and a bit pump a day xx

Joyce

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2016, 09:50:21 PM »

Works for me Taz. I did try stopping completely as GP said I was on such a low dose, but sweats were horrid! It's mainly keeping them at bay apart from odd one. Long may it continue. Guess I may have to give in eventually, but until then.......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]