Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Social Anxiety?  (Read 14285 times)

Annie0710

Re: Social Anxiety?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 09:56:10 PM »

Have you been diagnosed with POTS Annie? It's supposed to make your heart rate faster when getting up and down and a difference in blood pressure readings from standing to sitting from what I read. It can also mean you feel faint when standing like we used to do in school assembly etc.

I don't like keep going to docs, I never seem to get answers

Standing is the worst for me, I can't measure blood pressure but standing makes me feel more breathless, lightheaded and heart going and slightly nsuseous , not every day but even standing at the sink to clean teeth can do it, it just seems to sap my energy, hard to explain then add the swimmy feelings , that can be standing or sitting, it's like all my senses have gone hay wire

Annie x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2016, 10:51:24 PM »

Annie - do you have a trapped nerve in the neck?  Sometimes I get similar sensations if I turn my head quickly, enough to make me go 'OH!' and feel sort of woozy.   Maybe ask your GP for referral for an X-ray to see if there is anything that will cause these feelings?

Annie0710

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 05:29:26 AM »

I don't know if it's a trapped nerve, no pain at all

It can happen laying in bed if I turn over but not all the time, I can turn over and then it feels like I'm on a rocky boat

Annie X

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 10:17:38 AM »

Could it be one of the vestibular thingies like BPV http://www.healthline.com/health/benign-positional-vertigo#Overview1

Taz x

Justjules

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 11:21:56 AM »

Me neither Annie.  I can't get the right words out half the time and then I'm frightened of tests even though I'd like to find out why I feel like this all the time so my own worst enemy!

I'm terrible in a morning - really weak and no energy and yes, stood at sink to clean teeth and put my makeup on is when I feel the worst.  Usually try and eat something first and then it's not as bad. x

Annie0710

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 05:12:10 PM »

Definitely not a spinning sensation, but a rough day on the sea

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 08:28:16 PM »

I've had strange things for years, i.e. I'll be walking along OK but then I stagger, don't know why: sometimes it feels like my thighs go weak or my feet land where my brain wasn't intending  ::).  No dizziness.  No feeling of light-headedness …...

Annie0710

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2016, 09:10:47 PM »

Do you also find yourself stumbling around, slightly off balance?  Not dizzy exactly, more like your body and head are out of sync?  I've had phases of this and noticing it again just recently. 

S x

Yes also feels like my head is empty lol , probably is, I'm sure I've lost brain cells

Balance is an issue for me, if I'm walking down a supermarket aisle and have to walk between people I cannot guarantee not knocking into them, plus I've had 2 episodes of being out sitting on a chair and seriously thought the chair was sloping to the left and I've grabbed the table, I now feel safer in a chair with arms

But sitting at my desk at work the whoozy feeling can happen, I just feel so weak and feeble too

Annie x

Annie0710

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2016, 10:39:42 PM »

It really does sound so hormonal Annie, not that that's any consolation.  I had this badly years ago when I was told I had chronic fatigue, I do wonder if it was hormonal or even if for me the two were closely linked as through peri I have felt very much like I did with chronic fatigue, just heightened.

S x

Is there an end to this? Surely soon my hormones have got to sort themselves out, it's probably my payback for never having pmt x

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 12:16:15 PM »

Botheration.  Have a funeral next week and already  :-\ ………..

Justjules

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2016, 12:51:09 PM »

Sparkle, what tests did you have before they decided on the CFS diagnosis?  I'm getting more or less the same symptoms as Annie, plus a few that CLKD described i.e. sometimes feel like I'm staggering or unbalanced and the weird head whooshes when I'm sat at my desk or stood at the sink.  I'm trying to pluck up courage to go to the Drs but the list I need to take is so long I'm frightened I'll have to have every test going!  I'm just so sick of feeling this strange.  I'm 60 soon and everybody says 'you've got a good 20 years to go yet' but I don't feel like it most days at the moment!!!
x

Taz2

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2016, 01:16:54 PM »

Definitely not a spinning sensation, but a rough day on the sea

Sounds very much like BPV Annie

Taz x

babyjane

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2016, 01:40:49 PM »

Botheration.  Have a funeral next week and already  :-\ ………..

so sorry to hear this CLKD.  We have a funeral on Friday , a friend and ex colleague of my husbands.  she was 57  :'(
Is yours a relative or a friend?

Justjules

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2016, 03:50:25 PM »

Thanks Sparkle, that's very helpful and most of what I have read about CFS so can probably rule that out in my case as I haven't got any viral type symptoms or glands up and not a lot of muscle pain.  Yes, I doubt having gone through IVF and having twins didn't help one bit!  At this age, it's so difficult to know what is hormones and what is just general illness.  I've never really thought that my hormones were to blame as being post meno for 7 or 8 years, didn't think it had affected me that much apart from flushes. 

Oh well, back to the drawing board.... :-\

x

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2016, 03:57:16 PM »

Relative of Himself - aged 80+ ………. so my anxiety will rise  :sigh:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5