Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Prague another shooting  (Read 106477 times)

cubagirl

Re: Nice :-( - Munich - next?
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2017, 06:32:42 AM »

Just woke up to the horrendous news from Manchester.  :'( :'( :'( 

Mbrown001

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2017, 06:48:12 AM »

Lots of mums and daughters.

Why....can anyone tell me why. What does it achieve...

Mrs Brown

cubagirl

« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2017, 07:16:33 AM »

So, so sad 😢

cubagirl

« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2017, 07:20:38 AM »

They were interviewing one mum, with her daughter on tv. She arrived later & her bag wasn't searched. Why?

Two hoots

« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2017, 07:24:20 AM »

Terrible terrible news again  :'(

Taz2

« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2017, 07:31:07 AM »

They were interviewing one mum, with her daughter on tv. She arrived later & her bag wasn't searched. Why?

We now know that bag searching was irrelevant this time as the suicide bomber entered the foyer at the end of the concert and bags are not searched until you get to exchange your ticket further into the venue anyway. This is always a problem area for security as people meet to pick up friends etc after the gig has finished. They will now look at searching everyone I guess but as one guy has just said on the radio it means there will then be a "target crowd" waiting outside of the venue. Seems to be no easy answer.

Taz x  :'(

peri

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2017, 07:39:12 AM »

Just heard from my cousin who was next door last night at the football museum with work when they heard 2 explosions.  She said the staff were brilliant with them.  They locked the building down and moved them all to safety until it was safe to evacuate.  She's very upset.

Hurdity

« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2017, 08:06:58 AM »

:'( :'( No words can express...

babyjane

« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2017, 08:19:30 AM »

And it goes on, what does it achieve? in the warped mind of the perpetrator it achieves something, but we cannot begin to imagine that mindset.

I worry every time one of my family goes anywhere but my worrying doesn't achieve anything for me and plays into the hands of these people.  I try to live one day at a time now and cherish all I have as we have seen how quickly and easily it can be taken away.

thoughts for Manchester today  :'(

dulciana

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2017, 09:02:58 AM »

Lord's prayer.

cubagirl

« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2017, 09:17:31 AM »

Thanks for that update Taz.  Scary stuff. Hubby says we should all be vigilant at all times. He looks for potential exits when we go to such things.

Taz2

« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2017, 05:23:31 PM »

I always do that too but that's because of lots of years of safety training I think. Second nature to always know the route out nowadays but who knows whether in the shock of anything like that happening I would actually remember!

Taz x

Otes73

« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2017, 08:41:34 PM »

My poor son was there last night, I got him home safely but he's utterly traumatised  :'(

A big problem was they couldn't get out as they secured all the main doors so we're left with thousands of others trying to find fire escapes. He said the explosion was huge, the poor thing hasn't slept a wink yet.

It's tragic. X 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2017, 10:16:03 PM »

He will recover.  Maybe a gentle walk if the weather is nice tomorrow, somewhere quite?  Somewhere to gather your thoughts.  Journalling can be useful too.

I have always checked emergency exits, have involved the Fire Service many times.  I almost got thrown out of a Theatre because I went round trying the exits which were all locked, I was assured that the Security Staff would un-lock them if necessary - you will unlock them now or I will ring the Fire Service - this was a long corridor with no Security Staff in sight so it was suggested to said theatre that they must have someone sitting by each fire exit at all times when the public were present.

So sad today.  One girl missing, I wonder if a 'taxi' driver took an opportunity  :-\ or whether she in fact use the Concert as an excuse to be elsewhere ......... or worse.

Taz2

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2017, 10:23:54 PM »

My poor son was there last night, I got him home safely but he's utterly traumatised  :'(

A big problem was they couldn't get out as they secured all the main doors so we're left with thousands of others trying to find fire escapes. He said the explosion was huge, the poor thing hasn't slept a wink yet.

It's tragic. X

Was he there on his own Otes?

Taz  x
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16