Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Will GP really listen?  (Read 9961 times)

Joyce

Will GP really listen?
« on: June 25, 2016, 10:02:26 AM »

There's something not right in my body, not something I can put my finger on. I've been having strange episodes which I put down to increased anxiety. I feel just plain weird all the time. I've been doing breathing exercises which I was given when this happened about 7/8 years ago, but not helping much. I've got a constant dull head, always feeling I'm on the edge of something horrid about to happen. It builds up for 2/3 days until I have an episode. Afterwards I'm totally exhausted! Calmness follows & I feel fine. Then off I go again a few hours later. When I had these episodes before, they just suddenly happened. This time is very different. I've managed to book an appointment to see a GP on Tuesday. Don't know much about seizures but am wondering if it's something similar.

Taz2

Re: Will GP really listen?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 11:59:59 AM »

Can you explain more about the episodes CG for those who haven't read your previous posts?

I expect you have researched seizures yourself but this site gives a good explanation of the different types of seizures. One of the triggers in some people can be the use of anti depressants. http://patient.info/health/epilepsy-with-focal-seizures

Taz x  :hug: :hug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 03:39:25 PM »

Are you doing too much deep breathing?  This can bring on strange feelings apparently, I was told to do the exercises 3 times each hour, no more.  The body can hyper-ventilate = dizziness!

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 03:52:34 PM »

No CLKD not doing that. I do it during the episodes, gives me something to concentrate on.

Heck, hard to describe Taz, but I'll try. I have constant dull headache. Also strange feeling in my head, like being drunk, but I'm not. This continues for a few days. The weird feeling intensifies gradually. When the episodes happen I then get a strange tingling. When that happens I know episode is imminent. I sit down or preferably lie down. I'm aware of everything. Tingling changes to a weird burning sensation & I feel extremely dizzy with nausea. Lasts about a couple of minutes, then it fades. Leaves me shattered. Once my body has calmed down again I feel fine for a few hours, then it all starts building up again.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 03:55:18 PM »

Silent migraines?

Make a list to take and let us know.  I wouldn't drive until I have spoken to the GP.

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 05:08:21 PM »

Keeping note of BP too. Can't do it during an episode, but afterwards my BP is up to something like 156/88.

dazned

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 05:18:54 PM »

Could they possibly be the precursor of anxiety attack ?  :-\

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 05:28:16 PM »

Quite possibly dazned. I had similar a few years back & was treated for anxiety. That time there was a definite cause, stress at work. This time they're more frequent & much stronger. Can't figure out a cause.

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 05:40:20 PM »

Could it be that you are reacting to the anti depressant CG? In some people they cause heightened anxiety and panic. I think it's called Activation?

Taz  x

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 06:49:43 PM »

Been on them for over a year now, is that possible Taz?

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 07:11:06 PM »

I'm not sure CG. I just wondered if it had a part to play in the way you were feeling. I had similar feelings as you originally described - deja vu followed by a feeling like I was on a fast roller coaster or chairoplane ride - as if my stomach was dropping away. It was these two feelings together that got me referred to a neurologist.

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 09:34:58 PM »

Doesn't feel like a roller coaster. Sorry but really hard to describe.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 09:38:01 PM »

Is it related to your feeding habits  :-\ - does your body get hungry ………..

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 09:53:13 PM »

No. Tried little & often, makes no difference. Appetite all to pot but that'll be the nausea.

dangermouse

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 11:04:24 PM »

It sounds like when my hormones went berserk (before I controlled with the pill), I had constant pressure in my head, adrenaline rushes, severe nausea and inability to digest food, dizziness, felt as if something bad was going to happen.

GP needs to check bloods etc. to rule out anything else. They tend to listen more to the 'anything else' options than hormones!

Also check symptoms against your cycle to see if worse on certain days - that's how I eventually realised it was that. If you're in your 40s there's a good chance it's peri surges.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4