Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Coping with being told peri menopause is in full swing!  (Read 2604 times)

Polly64

Coping with being told peri menopause is in full swing!
« on: June 15, 2016, 08:27:56 PM »

Hi all,
I've had the "wonderful" news that I'm going through peri menopause (that's what my GP called it) and I am finding it hard to deal with! I know I am more moody than usual, the sweats are a pain, especially in the middle of B&Q and everything else I'm going through is making me feel so low! I cry when I'm at a low point and just can't be bothered with anything.
Is this normal, has anyone else gone through this?
Thanks Polly

Dancinggirl

Re: Coping with being told peri menopause is in full swing!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 09:29:07 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Polly64
Do read up all the info on this site to get clued up.  If your GP has diagnosed peri meno then it is probably time to try some HRT if you are getting meno symptoms as it can get your life back on track.  DG x

Dorothy

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 09:38:39 PM »

Sounds totally normal to me... Welcome to the 'joys' of perimenopause!

Cazikins

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 09:54:48 PM »

:welcomemm:
It's the pits isn't it Polly? the only thing I can say is that it is all normal, & remember that you are not alone in all this. Most of us have on here have been through the same as you.
You will have good days I promise.
Consider HRT if that is what you want as it does help most woman, but remember it is unlikely to stop every symptom.
There is lots of info on here & if you aren't sure then let us know & we will try to help.
Cazi x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 01:56:01 PM »

:welcomemm:  sounds within normal limits for your Time of Life from where I'm sitting, well done on having a clued-up GP!  Maybe make a list of symptoms, keep a food/mood/cycle diary and have another chat with him/her? or your Practice Nurse? for advice. 

Browse round, join in, make notes!  You didn't say how old you are, HRT can help protect bones and heart.

Polly64

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 10:08:54 PM »

Thank you all for your replies 🙂 Very much appreciated, I'll be having a good nosey around and reading up on stuff! It does help knowing there is somewhere to come where people understand. Thanks again xxx