Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: PREMPAK-C 0.625mg/0.15mg HELP  (Read 1810 times)

Nita5691

PREMPAK-C 0.625mg/0.15mg HELP
« on: June 08, 2016, 09:29:05 AM »

I'm new to the Forum so hello all  :)

Having put off trying the HRT treatment for a while, symptoms got out of control, so I'm taking Prempak-C.

I'm now nearly at the end of the second pack, and must say its improved symptoms already. Actually feel normal again, instead of feeling like someone else has taken over my body. I'm sure you can all relate to this.

The leaflet states, you should get a bleed, but this isn't happening. Does it take a few months for your body to adjust? I have read that some people have had no monthly bleeds whilst taking HRT, though my GP said this type would produce more regular bleeds.

What is your experiences whilst taking this type of HRT relating to the monthly cycle

Annie McCarthy

Re: PREMPAK-C 0.625mg/0.15mg HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 06:38:10 PM »

Hi Nita5691
Can't help with your question, but as I'm also new to the Forum so I thought I'd just say hi!  :)
No doubt someone will be along soon who can give you some useful info.
A x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 07:17:34 PM »

Hi Nita5691

:welcomemm:

It depends on where you are in menopause as to whether you will usually get a bleed or not.

If you are peri-menopausal and still getting periods most months or only missing the odd one then you are more likely to get a bleed but if you are post-menopausal it may take several months for your womb lining to start building up again. Maybe also the same if you've just come off the POP (not sure about this one)?

The main thing is - if you are not getting a bleed from a proprietary brand and dose of HRT like Prempak then there is nothing to worry about - it's abnormal bleeding that can be of more concern. Yes you are right about the bleeds -  here is what it says on this site: "All the above cause a monthly bleed in 85% of patients." (referring to peri-menopausal HRT preparations).http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php. This means you are one of the 15 %. You may well get a bleed after a few cycles.

When I took sequential HRT I was late peri-menopausal and at first I did get bleeds but then after a few years they stopped completely - it just meant that the progesterone dose was high compared to the oestrogen dose ( in my case) especially once I was post-menopausal. This meant I could go to a longer cycle where I now get a bleed.

Glad you are feeling better anyway :)

Hurdity x

Nita5691

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 08:04:35 PM »

Hiya Annie66 :)

Hiya thanks Hurdity thanks for the link, that explains a lot.  Think I've got to be a bit patient and let the HRT get in my system then it should right itself with the bleeds. Monthly periods were a bit erratic before HRT, so it's nothing unusual :) I'd just read mixed comments some had no bleeds and some had more than one a month. Looks like it works differently for every individual.

There has been plenty positives to taking Prempak but the only negative is
the bloating

Liking this forum already :)