Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: A little advise please  (Read 2136 times)

Lanzalover

A little advise please
« on: June 03, 2016, 02:26:20 PM »

Good afternoon

I am new to this site but just wanted to thank you ladies for the information I have gained through reading some of the posts on the forum.

I am 58 last period 8 years ago so post meno during the eight years I have had treatment for a overactive thyroid which resulted in me now having a under active thyroid for which I take levothyroxine and My levels are monitored by my GP. During this time I have been treated twice for depression and been given ssri's which never really sorted out the depression.
The first case of depression I think was caused by the under active thyroid and the second time was as a result of a very stressful year but they didn't sort the problem out which from reading the forum I think was more a hormonal problem as I had 22 of the 34 menopause symptoms.

I have been to my GP and have been prescribed Oestrogel and Utrogestan I was advised to use 1 pump per day and take one utrogestan tablet days 1 to 25. For the first month and increase the Ostrogel to 2 pumps per day if needed.

I felt fine for the first couple of days but since then I have had cramp like pains in my stomach.
I have noticed a great improvement in mood,and not as much anxiety,it has decreased the hot flushes but has done nothing for the night sweats.
Could it be the utrogestan causing these problems or the Ostrogel.
I have used the utrogestan both orally and vaginally and it doesn't seem to cause such a problem taken orally but I still have some pains.

Thanks for any help.

Lanzalover

Re: A little advise please
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 07:14:42 PM »

Many thanks for the reply.

Must admit after a bad night last night I did use 1 and a half pumps of gel this morning as I am desperate for a good nights sleep as haven't slept well for twelve years now due to night sweats which started during peri.

I have only been using this combination for nearly two weeks now and thought that perhaps the amount of utrogestan to Ostrogel  could have been the cause of the stomach cramps as I understand the standard amount is 2 pumps a day.

Anyway I'll see how things go over the next few days.