Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Breast symptoms  (Read 3986 times)

Ljp

Breast symptoms
« on: May 10, 2016, 01:03:33 PM »

Hi
I've been on oestrogel 1 and a half pumps and mirena coil for 5 months now. Just recently I feel aware of my breasts, I know sounds weird, I haven't had any breast symptoms for a few years, since late Peri, and this August I will be two years post meno.
My breasts always felt, kind of flaccid,in recent years,  but they are starting to feel a bit fuller, and a bit tender
This is making me worry that the oestrogel is affecting my breasts, I am terrified of breast cancer, and worry the symptoms could be a bad thing?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Breast symptoms
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 02:01:21 PM »

Maybe speak with a Pharmacist? I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along but couldn't go by without a >wave<.

Ljp

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 02:41:27 PM »

Thank you :) hoping someone can tell me its normal and to be expected??

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 02:58:04 PM »

Hopefully someone will be along.  Or you could use the 'search' button on here, type in the product you are using and see what threads appear?

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 03:09:26 PM »

Funny you should bring this up, as I have had fuller feeling breasts and tender nipples...feels a bit like pregnancy days :o

I started using Estradot patches just under four weeks ago.

linz57

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 03:36:46 PM »

In the early days of me using hrt I noticed my breasts felt heavier and occasionally itchy. Also, they felt a bit fibrous from time to time, but then after a few months they settled down ....but they're now larger than before.  :(

elliebean

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 04:37:48 PM »

I don't know if it helps, but I recently started on Estrogel and was told that my breasts may feel a bit tender and uncomfortable to start with.

Clovie

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 04:42:01 PM »

Hi

Mine felt that way too after starting Estrogel, rather hoped it would stay that way, liked the Dolly Parton look  ;D but alas 3 months on they're back to normal!

Ljp

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 06:00:52 PM »

Thanks ladies, just seems odd to me that its taken 5 months for it to start happening, but i do think my oestrogen supplies were pretty non existent from my symptoms...and I would say it has been a gradual improvement generally, its just the first time Ive had any kind of awareness of my breasts for a while, and although I wouldn't say they are really painful, Im just aware that they are a bit tender if pressed.

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 07:18:06 PM »

Not sure why it has taken a long time in your case, but yes when I was in late peri my breasts ( especially after breastfeeding 4 children) were definitely floppy and flaccid - and since being on HRT they are at least a cup size bigger and more dense like when younger - that is what oestrogen does. Progestogens also affect the breast tissue (differently) although with the Mirnea coil very little is supposed to be absorbed into the system. Even since losing half a stone ( and I am short) my breasts have remained almost the same sized and firm - whereas if you lose weight normally some of the fat should go from the breasts - so mine is definitely hormonal.

Of course you should always examine your breasts and if there is anything that concerns you re lumpiness, discharge etc - then do get it checked out.

Hurdity x

Ljp

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 09:44:59 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, I'm not overly concerned, I check myself regularly, and no unusual lumps (thank goodness) it's more that they feel denser ( thanks for that term, I was struggling to explain)