Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 76

Author Topic: Mucus and Staining /Spotting  (Read 273221 times)

nearly50

Re: Mucus and Staining /Spotting
« Reply #870 on: May 25, 2017, 10:41:27 AM »

Thanks Nearly50. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens for you next with those signs.  I can't remember if you get migraines, those were signs of one looming for me, or at least a headache, which meant hormones were fluctuating.  Keep us posted.

S x

Hi sparkle

I do get headaches/auras sometimes, but not nearly as often as I used to. I usually have neck pain at the same time.  I did have a slight headache for a few days but that's gone now. And glory of glories, I slept all night last night - first time in 9 months so am sadly excited by that.

Machair, day 46 (47 now!) is good - long may it continue!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #871 on: May 25, 2017, 10:55:19 AM »

Hi girls,

nearly50, I initially found that the migraine only occurred when the oestrogen fell before a period but it morphed over time and would present when there was any sudden movement up or down. Even the slight dip in a normal cycle about 5/6 days before menstruation would trigger one. HRT sent me into a constant spiral of them with only about 2-4 days without one every month. It left me in a very tricky place once the HRT was stopped because it wouldn't settle back into the previous pattern.

It sounds as if you had a low grade migraine which could have been a result of any sort of change in the oestrogen levels but also of course any other triggers. The weather here is hellishly warm and muggy and I woke with a mild one this morning It's the first triptan I've had to take this month though and that hasn't happened for 16 years, so I'm still smiling! I always get the neck pain with migs, pain in the ........!

Hope the weather is still being kind to you Sparkle and you're having fun! x

Have a wonderful holiday Machair, total chill! x

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:59:20 AM by Elizabethrose »

nearly50

« Reply #872 on: May 25, 2017, 07:44:11 PM »

Yeah ER, could be from paint fumes, will find out tomorrow when I have another room painted.

sparkle, sorry your sleep isn't any better :( Hopefully that'll start to improve for you soon.

Hot flushes and hot weather really don't go well together, do they? They certainly don't go with lumping pieces of furniture about and cleaning!

Have a lovely weekend :)

Elizabethrose

« Reply #873 on: May 25, 2017, 07:50:48 PM »

Oh it's awful isn't it, lovely when it's done but awful whilst it's happening. Paint gives me a headache every time!! Sleep with your windows open and dream about how wonderful it will all look when finished xx

Mbrown001

« Reply #874 on: May 25, 2017, 08:13:29 PM »

Paint odour used to make my daughter really sick when she was little.

I know it sounds awful but if you roughly chop whole onions...skin and all, and heat for a minute in the microwave in a big bowl of water....then put in the offending room it gets rid of the fumes.
It doesn't make your house smell of onions either.
 It's the weirdest thing that works.

Mrs Briwn.

nearly50

« Reply #875 on: May 27, 2017, 09:31:00 AM »

Thanks for the tip about the onion Mrs Brown, the fumes are pretty non existent from the kitchen and I don't know if that is because it must've dried so quickly in this roasting flat, or if my hormones are no longer at the headache/oh my god what's that smell? stage  ;)

Chosen Teal Tension for my bedroom to be done next and know wondering if that's a bit of a brave choice....

sparkle, what day are you at now? Must be nearly 6 months?

Elizabethrose

« Reply #876 on: May 27, 2017, 04:40:23 PM »

Mrs B I will try that paint fumes tip next time. I'd been told to do exactly that with lemons but really not sure whether it worked or not when I did it last Oct.

Haha Sparkle, maybe your body's protesting at a lack of Vagifem! Mucus alert, that did make me laugh!! Are you home now? If so, hope you're not too glum!!

My back's completely b-----ed today and now wondering what to do with it. Applied the 12 hour Voltarol Mrs B recommended but am only comfortable standing, that bodes well for bed tonight!  :o Also wondering what the heck to eat tonight as hubby has just descended to the sitting room to watch the match. Sadly I'm the only one able to provide room service!! Oh woe!! xx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #877 on: May 27, 2017, 05:14:03 PM »

No I was joking!  ;D Maybe a slight oestrogen hike?

No he is unable to do anything. Able to get around on crutches in short bursts but the leg and foot swells if up for anything more than 15 mins. All very tricky but he now realises he has to take this very seriously so that's no bad thing.

Are you home? x

Menomale

« Reply #878 on: May 27, 2017, 05:55:19 PM »

;D silly me!  Yes, home now, just got to unpack.  Devon was lovely, nothing like sun glinting on the sea...

S x

... to give me a migraine attack!!! 😂

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Hello ladies!

I'm in debt to you all, just popping to say there's nothing new on the meno front, no periods since October and hot f******lushes day and night.
My eyesight problems won't let me read a lot these days 🙁
Many hugs to you all! 🤗🤗🤗
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 05:59:01 PM by Menomale »

Elizabethrose

« Reply #879 on: May 27, 2017, 06:06:56 PM »

Oh Menomale, how lovely to hear from you, we've missed you here!

Glad there are still no periods but what is happening with your eyes? I didn't realise that you had a problem there.

My flushes were every 15 mins a year ago but settled and were much less frequent as time went by. Since the Vagifem, every other night, they've calmed much much more. I probably get a couple a day and maybe one a night. I've tried three times now doing every third night with the Vagifem and each time the flushes swoop right in again. That minute dose of oestrogen seems to make a difference to me. Always a weirdo but who cares hey, I'm quids in!!

Do stay in touch, hope all is more settled with you.x

PS Did you keep that cute little cat?

Sparkle, welcome home. Love the sea, love the Cornish hedgerows, always mourn both for a couple of days when I return. Lovely to see your daughters though! Have a lovely long weekend x

Menomale

« Reply #880 on: May 27, 2017, 06:27:21 PM »

Hi ER!

I was born with these eye problems, unfortunately, but I never thought they would get worse with age/menopause. Silly me... Living in a busy city that never sleeps does not help, too many bright lights plus mobile phone, notebook, tv...
I guess we all have to accept the ageing process and do our best to help our cells to do the job of living so many years surrounded by so many pollutants and stressors.
XXX

Menomale

« Reply #881 on: May 27, 2017, 07:00:23 PM »

Hey sparkle!

Chinchilla, the cat is still here😎

I'm trying to upload a photo...

Menomale

« Reply #882 on: May 27, 2017, 07:10:12 PM »

It's landlord and he doesn't know it yet  ::)

But I guess he'll be ok with this gorgeous fella...

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 07:32:37 PM by Menomale »

Menomale

« Reply #883 on: May 27, 2017, 07:33:10 PM »

And big ears  ;D

Menomale

« Reply #884 on: May 27, 2017, 07:41:19 PM »

No more cat talking, sparkle, or ER will start itching  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 76